Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evil Spammers in the world

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    My big laugh yesterday, was an email from Barack Obama. Yup - I'm being charged with money laundering (the scam said money laundry - LOL) and terrorism. He has issued an order for me to be arrested Thursday morning if I don't pay the $688 to get my certificate so that my millions can be shipped to me. If I don't, he said I will pay with my life, and I'll really be in SOUP. I haven't deleted that one yet, since I get a good laugh every time I read it.
    At least they spelled the President's name right?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    At least they spelled the President's name right?
    Yup !! Maybe they thought that would make the rest of the notification believable. I just chuckle when I think of my president saying that I will be in SOUP! This scammer didn't even bother using a heading on the letter - like "the White House" and the address, like so many others use departments like FBI or Homeland Security to make it look "real".

Not only are they getting more stupid, but lazy to boot.................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My big laugh yesterday, was an email from Barack Obama. Yup - I'm being charged with money laundering (the scam said money laundry - LOL) and terrorism. He has issued an order for me to be arrested Thursday morning if I don't pay the $688 to get my certificate so that my millions can be shipped to me. If I don't, he said I will pay with my life, and I'll really be in SOUP. I haven't deleted that one yet, since I get a good laugh every time I read it.
    I think I would hang onto that one. That is a threat on your life after all!!! I mean pay me or I'll kill you is not Holiday greetings.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

And what country did THAT one actually come from? (What is the e-mail address of the sender?)

Amazing, some of the stuff that gets sent out, but the sad thing is that stuff like that gets sent out because the senders must get a lot of money sent to them in response.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

[QUOTE=phesina;2511071]And what country did THAT one actually come from? (What is the e-mail address of the sender?)
    QUOTE]

Can't say for sure, but it was sent by yahoo.pt mail, and I was to respond to a gmail address - united bank of africa to be specific. In the body of the mail, it did say that the Nigerian government has confirmed that it is my money. Doesn't take much to figure out where it came from, and the English was rather poor also. Yeah - I'm going to hang on to that mail for a while - just in case the idiots would be brazen and stupid enough to send another "life threatening" greeting to me. Never know what these scam organizations are capable of...................
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

======>
    .pt is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Portugal and is managed by the Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional (FCCN).
    ==========
    Thank you, wikipedia!

So President (of the USA) Obama sends official e-mail by way of Portugal, telling you that you will be arrested if you don't send money to an African bank (which has a gmail address)? .. my goodness!

That must be such a relief to know that the Nigerian government has confirmed that it's your money. Now you know it's true!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    ======>
    .pt is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Portugal and is managed by the Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional (FCCN).
    ==========
    Thank you, wikipedia!

So President (of the USA) Obama sends official e-mail by way of Portugal, telling you that you will be arrested if you don't send money to an African bank (which has a gmail address)? .. my goodness!

That must be such a relief to know that the Nigerian government has confirmed that it's your money. Now you know it's true!

Thanks, Pat. Another thing that amazes - or amuses would be more appropriate I suppose - is that our president uses yahoo for his official mail. Maybe the ".gov" is no longer valid??????

And I'm thinking that maybe I should cook extra for tomorrow's big dinner - just in case when the goons come to drag me off to who-knows-where - that they might want to have a big turkey dinner first.

Yeah Pat - it's has been confirmed that it is MY money, but since I won't send them the $688 to get my certificate so they can send me MY money, then I'll never get MY money and I'll be in SOUP and probably pay with my life, or at least be tossed in jail. Hmmm - when did we have to start paying to receive what is rightfully ours????? Oh - I know!!!! - when the scammers came on the scene..................

I have to admit that this has been probably the funniest piece of spam garbage that I have ever received. What put this one over the top, was Mr President telling me that I would "be in Soup", and that I would "pay with my life" if I didn't cooperate. SOUP?????????
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Since yahoo mail is free, he probably uses it now as a way to cut back on government waste.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Since yahoo mail is free, he probably uses it now as a way to cut back on government waste.
    Good one. Now maybe we can get even a bigger raise on our S.S. checks. Mine is wiped out come April when my supplemental healthcare insurance goes up again. I'll have a LITTLE extra till then - and then it goes "poof" - but I guess I won't need it if I'm in SOUP, or dead!

Okay - I'm gonna stop now.........................
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Dear evil spammers. Santa knows us all, and whether we have been good or bad. You are so gonna get driveway rocks* in your stockings.

Santa knows I do not have any children. You can stop sending me spam to have Santa write my child a letter - if you knew Santa, you would know he does not need your help. Or my money.

*When one grows up as the child of a stationary engineer, one does not get threatened wit coal in one's stocking if one misbehaves.. Coal can be burned for fuel or for power or for heat. It is too valuable to be given a to a naughty child. If you are bad, Santa will just fill your stocking with driveway rocks - from your own driveway even, so you can be sure none of them will be valuable or interesting.

Just though you all ought to know!
    I've Been Frosted

I mean no disrespect to you, Ellie, but I am laughing like a jerk over here after seeing this. As for the "Pomtzu Soup", with Michele Obama being so obsessed with nutrition I can't help but wonder if she signed off on that one.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    I mean no disrespect to you, Ellie, but I am laughing like a jerk over here after seeing this. As for the "Pomtzu Soup", with Michele Obama being so obsessed with nutrition I can't help but wonder if she signed off on that one.
    Eileen - laugh till you bust a gut !!! I still laugh whenever I think of it. The reference to me being in SOUP (yes-they even capitalized it in their mail), was what put this one over the top. Of course my life has never been threatened before either............but SOUP????? Oh my..... And of course you noticed the goon squad never showed up last Thursday morning to arrest me and haul me off to who knows where, as they promised they would. Geeze - can't believe anyone anymore - can we??? - not even our President.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Is this spam? I just got it this morning. Thanksgiving is long over with!!!

"As Thanksgiving nears we want to advise you that our online shop has an order addressed to you. You may pick it in any store of Target.com closest to you within four days.

Please, open the link for full order information.

Always yours,
    Target.com "

I have never ordered from Target in my life. Well, I did order some cat food from Amazon.com almost a year ago. It was shipped from a Target store in Texas. The wording of this seems odd to me. Besides we have no Target store here or any where close to here. Sounds phishie to me. sheesh

Not gonna click on the link just in case!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Is this spam? I just got it this morning. Thanksgiving is long over with!!!

"As Thanksgiving nears we want to advise you that our online shop has an order addressed to you. You may pick it in any store of Target.com closest to you within four days.

Please, open the link for full order information.

Always yours,
    Target.com "

I have never ordered from Target in my life. Well, I did order some cat food from Amazon.com almost a year ago. It was shipped from a Target store in Texas. The wording of this seems odd to me. Besides we have no Target store here or any where close to here. sheesh

Not gonna click on the link just in case!
    Absolutely - I get things like that from the UPS store, and Fedex, and am still getting lots of "Your Recent Walgreens visit" ones!
    I've Been Frosted

I get lots of "spam alert" and "over-usage" messages from "AOL" (the real AOL is my e-mail service) sent from gmail accounts and such, complete with bad grammar and spelling.
    Death thought about it.