Thread: Yay! Rain! - and a Drought map

Yay! Rain! - and a Drought map

It has been such a dry summer, and the "rain" we had yesterday was such a light rain it barely felt like more than drizzle - but today, it is actually raining! Yay!

Commiserating with a vendor in California, I looked up this and found the US drought map -

http://drought.gov - which I did not know existed!

I've Been Frosted

Yep, we were in pre-drought conditions here in RI. Been using the sprinklers every other day for 3 weeks, to save the trees in my yard and perennials in my garden.

Very glad to see this rain, today!

I am in the D3/D4 area and we had a little rain over the weekend. But not enough to even make a dent in the drought.
    Let it RAIN!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Last time we went to CA we drove into a light rain shower.. Nothing like the stuff here in KY.

Doris laughed because the radio was touting a "STORM WATCH" - Rain in CA happens and people go crazy on the roads, the 'washes' fill up and the LA river gets crazy high and fast.

That is very depressing, especially for the crops in the Santa Barbara area....sad, very sad, I hope it rain some this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Doris laughed because the radio was touting a "STORM WATCH" - Rain in CA happens and people go crazy on the roads, the 'washes' fill up and the LA river gets crazy high and fast.
    The last time we were in California, and Paul wanted me to experience Venice Beach, the radio was full of dire warning about rain showers, and the beach was uncharacteristically empty. The few people there were in long-sleeved sweatshirts despite the fact that it was (in my reckoning) barely drizzling. I remarked as such to Paul, and he said, "Karen, in LA, this is what counts as a rainy day!"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The last time we were in California, and Paul wanted me to experience Venice Beach, the radio was full of dire warning about rain showers, and the beach was uncharacteristically empty. The few people there were in long-sleeved sweatshirts despite the fact that it was (in my reckoning) barely drizzling. I remarked as such to Paul, and he said, "Karen, in LA, this is what counts as a rainy day!"
    One of the jokes about LA in the winter is that you see people in shorts and tees walking about in 65-70 degree weather.
    They are the tourists!!!!!

I had no idea when I posted that graphic that it would automatically update! It is good to see - as it is currently pouring rain outside, that we are no longer even "abnormally dry" as of 3 days ago!
    I've Been Frosted

The US drought map confirms it - we are out of drought here in eastern Massachusetts! -

http://drought.gov

I've Been Frosted

Unsurprisingly, we at least are no longer in drought!
    I've Been Frosted

Just looked at this again - the map in the first post automatically updates - so it is good to see (as I suspected, we are no longer considered in drought whatsoever. I was happy to see most of Georgia - which was having drought earlier, is almost clear of it as well.
    I've Been Frosted