Thread: Sacramento Reptile Expo LOTS of pics!

Sacramento Reptile Expo LOTS of pics!

I spent the weekend helping out my sister in law and some friends who were selling corn snakes at the Sacramento Reptile Expo. it was SO MUCH FUN! I took a LOAD of pictures, I've weeded them down to my favorites....but there are still a LOT of them! Here are some of them...

Oh, do I have lettuce on my head?

Hello! Please pet me!

My favorite resident of the petting zoo....by the name of Baby!

Baby has beautiful eyes.

Baby's mouth was taped, but he spent the entire weekend looking very calm and relaxed. He is a PERFECT gentleman!

My very favorite animal of the expo, the lovely and ENORMOUS Black Mamba!

I wish I had a better picture of the King Cobra. He was hooding all day Saturday...but I forgot my camera that day!

Such a cutie!

They did NOT let kids ride him around all weekend, just the one at the end...and the tort did not seem to mind!

This guy SHOULD look like the fellow in the previous picture. He's in good hands now.

More to come...

Oh, hello there!

Some colorful and TEENY geckos!

I wish I could have gotten this little lady to be Grendel's girlfriend!

Smile!

Yep, that's fossilized poop...

There was a wildlife rescue there with a bunch of bats!

One of the corn snakes my sister in law sold.

Some lovely ball pythons...

Not done yet...

A chameleon.

Pretty pretty hognose!

This display of Crested Geckos in little soda cups cracked me up!!

These plants were GORGEOUS! They made me wish I could keep plants alive.

This guy is HUGE.

Happy beardies!

Scheltopusik. I want one. Sadly this one was not for sale. I was thrilled to see him though!

A very relaxed iguana.

Bamboo Ratsnakes. So pretty. Sooooo pretty.

I should have taken pictures that included the names of all the various vipers and cobras.

Still more...

Can I come out?

Boomslang. Very very dangerous....and beautiful.

Green Mamba!

Inland Taipan. They are very shy, which is lucky for us because, drop for drop, they have the most potent venom of any snake.

The Fer-De-Lance may not be as potently venomous, but they are AGGRESSIVE. These guys kill a LOT of people in the wild.

Cantils are another one of my favorites.

I'm finally done! I hope you enjoyed!!

Wow, so many pictures, and such fun critters every one! Thanks for sharing with us!
    I've Been Frosted

Those are great pictures!
    A woman I used to work with took her son to the expo this weekend. As much as I am not a huge lover of reptiles, it would be neat to go to an expo and see all the different kinds......safely behind glass or in enclosures.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Wonderful pictures!

Whenever a reptile expo comes around, my friends always tend go and one of them wind up bringing home a new addition. I mean, how could you pass that up with such beautiful creatures?

RIP Sally

I'm glad you guys likes the photos!!

sallyandsnowx, this is the first time I've been to an expo without bringing someone new home! It IS hard to see such beautiful animals all day and not bring one home! The friend whose booth I was helping to run told me to let her know if I was especially fond of any of the snakes she produced and she'd 'pay' me for my time with a baby....I'm pretending I didn't hear that!

Wow! Such nice pictures! Some very cool reptiles!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla