Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be a foster meowmy. Sophia and now Kim

I'm going to be a foster meowmy. Sophia and now Kim

Sorry to post and step out real quick. I joined Home Free Animal Rescue and I am fostering a kitten. I need to get a small kennel cage to keep her safe for a few days while I fix the back room up.

I've rescued on my own, but never with a group, nor fostered. This should be interesting.

Here is Sophia at ACS

Attachment 58648

https://www.facebook.com/gcpetrescue...type=3&theater
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 10-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

OOh , how exciting! This will be an adventure for sure!
    I've Been Frosted

Squeeeeee, what a doll!!! Congratulations on your foster baby!!

Adorable!! I want to foster, but I'm afraid I'd be the biggest foster failure ever! LOL

I can't foster kitties, but we might foster a dog.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aww, what a little cutie! How old is she, about 7 weeks?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Aww, what a little cutie! How old is she, about 7 weeks?
    8 weeks maybe. She is 1.8 lbs but the new shelter vet requires the kits weigh at least 3 lbs. She is a feisty little one. She wanted to explore the room. Too much stuff laying about. I have her in a crate in my bedroom. Callie is there also but not in the crate. Rescue was afraid she would be PTS. She was near the top. My back room is messy and the door doesn't secure.

I was hoping Callie would be intrigued. Instead, she is being hissy. So I will work tonight to get her in the back room. I'm not worried about quarantine too much. I'm not exactly faithful to my kitties. I do wash my hands, but I come home with lots of animal smells.

I'll post some current pictures later.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Congratulations, and God Bless!!!

Welcome Home, adorable little baby Sophia!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh my goodness! Extreme cuteness warning! What a tiny, darling kitty!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh my goodness! Extreme cuteness warning! What a tiny, darling kitty!
    Oh, Sophia is a zippy, zoomy totally normal nutcase of a kitten.

News: Sophia is with a different foster. Another foster mom has a job that takes her out of town every other week. No way to rearrange that, and she didn't want her boyfriend to have to deal with syringe feeding a cat. So I now have Kim as a foster.

Some of you have seen Kim on Face book.

This is Kim at the shelter

Attachment 58697

This is Kim at home with me. (My phone still does not talk to the computer, so a friend took this and PM'd me.

Attachment 58698

Some story on next post.
    Anne

This is Kim, the 4-yr Siamese, surrendered at the shelter by her family. She had a bladder stone at the time, but it has since been removed.

She refuses to eat and the other foster parent tried everything. She was eating a bit of kibble at the shelter, but not enough to sustain. She has a feeding tube. This has been an education. She also keeps shaking her head, esp when the syringe is attached to the tube.

She gets the shivers, but I'm not sure if it is anxiety, my place is cold, or hypoglycemia. She loves to be held.

I'm not sure if she sleeps. She's always awake and on her toes when I go into the room. She will sleep in my arms. She has the cutest cry that is mixed with a trill.

Say hello to Kim and any suggestions are welcome.
    Anne

A Kim tale:

Last night at the 2am feeding, she had settled and was purring away. BTW, she insists on being held. She stopped, looked over my right shoulder at shoulder height and stared. And STARED. And kept staring, turning 90 degrees slowly to look over left shoulder and back again. I looked but could see or feel nothing. Slow, horizontal spider? Imagination?

Or a ghost? Spectral being? That bothers me less than a microscopic spider. I've live in a haunted house before, and have seen cats concentrate on the invisible before, so that idea that they can see spectral beings does not faze me.
    Anne

Awesome. Success. She is eating the Canidae dry food. The TLC is working!. She also ate some ham deli meat. I took a slice to the back room and starting munching. She was already in my arms and she was interested, but polite. I love this. I gave her some nibbles. She ate three nibbles worth with some gusto. And was making biscuits with claws extended. Nope, didn't really hurt.

I haven't started on the room, but I will tonight. She definitely wants out of the crate.

Need a PM smiley here. This will do:

Anne

Thats GREAT that she is eating .
    She is beautiful but she looks so sad in the first picture.
    Hopefully she settles in and becomes a happy healthy kitty
    being held and spoiled

What a lovely kitty you are, Kim! We're joining in welcoming you to your WONDERFUL foster home and mom!

Thank yo so much, Anne, for giving her the love and care she needs and deserves.

God bless you all!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am officially in love with Kim. If I lived near you, I would so be ready to adopt her, plenty of pets and hugs and lap time at this house. I am looking for a mature female Siamese kitty, so Kim caught my eye. Give Sophia and Kim plenty of loves from me.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!