Thread: It is World Rhino Day!

It is World Rhino Day!

In celebration of #worldrhinoday - here is my picture petting a rhinoceros - and feeding him apple quarters - at the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park!

I've Been Frosted

You can see his mouth is wet - they have really poor eyesight, so to feed him chunks of apple, he'd basically end up sliming my entire arm.

Here's a slideshow of pretend Rhinos at the park:
    https://twitter.com/sdzsafaripark/st...633728/photo/1
    I've Been Frosted

I didn't know until I looked up the rhinoceros on line, but they are at risk of poaching for their horns, which are used in Eastern medicine. There is a movement to help protect them from poaching in Africa - they treat the rhino's horn with an anti-parasitic that makes it ineffective for use in Eastern medicine. It doesn't harm the rhino at all.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It is so sad, the African Black Rhino is extinct, but efforts are being made to conserve the white rhino.

It is so stupid, as their horns are essentially the same material as cow horns, and our fingernails! Nothing medicinal about 'em!
    I've Been Frosted