Thread: Montana: Say NO to Bobcat Fur Farm! (Petition)

Montana: Say NO to Bobcat Fur Farm! (Petition)

Sadly, it already exists in North Dakota, but the owners want to move it to Roy, Montana.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/742/7...bcat-fur-farm/

• author: Chris Wolverton
    • target: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
    • signatures: 53,453

54,000 we've got 53,453 signatures, help us get to 54,000

A North Dakota couple applied to the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks for a permit to move their bobcat fur farm to Roy, Montana. The farm would exist solely to raise bobcats to be killed for use in the fur industry.

To make their decision, the department is considering the farm's impact on vegetation, water and air quality and aesthetics. Currently, they believe the farm's impacts on the above are minor. But why shouldn't they consider the ethical aspects of such a farm? These are living animals that will be brutally killed to serve no other purpose than vanity. The presence of the farm will disturb residents and bring a gloomy atmosphere to Roy.

Please sign the petition to urge the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks to reject the couple's proposal to start a bobcat fur farm in the state.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Ugh!!!!! This should somehow be controlled and fall under animal cruelty laws.

With all the fabulous faux furs, there should be no reason to kill any animal solely for it's fur. I had a winter parka that I bought at J C Penny, some years ago. It had what I thought was faux fur trim on the hood, but one day I actually read the label of what products went into making it, and what I thought was fake fur, turned out to be racoon dog. I was sickened when I read that. Shame on J C Penny for allowing that in the clothing in their stores. The hood was removable - and I did just that and never put it back on. I still have the parka, but haven't even been able to bring myself to wear it for the past few years. I should probably just donate it.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 09-20-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Apparently one should read the label of any "faux fur" clothing. There is a lot of real fur in there!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda