Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoee 1/12/05 - 9/18/14

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    {{{Hugs}}} to you Cindy. I know from lots of previous experience - that in time you will feel better - and the tears will be fewer. I still have teary and emotional episodes when I think of ALL of my RB Kids - afterall - they were my kids. Myndi has been gone for over a year, and it's 2 years for Sparky in October, but the tears still flow - mostly when I'm feeling down or depressed over other issues. I'll never COMPLETELY get over their loss, tho I can smile too when I think/talk about them. Wolfy has been my rock thru this - don't know where I'd be without him.

Give Taggart LOTS of extra attention to help him thru this - and it will help both of you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    I am so very sorry for you and your family's loss. I am sending prayers and good wishes to you at this terrible time. We, almost all of us a Pet talk, have so much compassion for you because we have been in similar circumstances. Unfortunately, my Auntys beloved old dog Asia is very old and ill. A decision will surely have to be made about her passing very soon as well. Bless your heart, Zoee was the very best dog ever. She was so very loved. Take care, again, my sincerest sympathy.

Rest Well Zoee<3 You will be missed.

Zoee you are home with us where you belong. This brought on some more tears last night. I actually haven't cried in several days.
    I showed the box to Taggart. He sniffed it then put his paw out and touched the box. Probably coincidence, but it was still cute.

Name:  Zoee's home.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  746.1 KB
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Zoee you are home with us where you belong. This brought on some more tears last night. I actually haven't cried in several days.
    I showed the box to Taggart. He sniffed it then put his paw out and touched the box. Probably coincidence, but it was still cute.

Name:  Zoee's home.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  746.1 KB
    It's always bittersweet when they come home to stay, and it brings a sort of closure too. It still hurts like hell tho......................

{{{Hugs}}}
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's always bittersweet when they come home to stay, and it brings a sort of closure too. It still hurts like hell tho......................

{{{Hugs}}}
    You know what? You are right! It's like it is final. This brings it home that she isn't just at my moms and will be home later. But at the same time, yes, closure. Kinda strange feeling.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, Cindy, I am so very sorry.

My deepest sympathy to you and Bruce and Taggart and all who love and grieve her so very much. May all your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort. You gave her a wonderful earth-life so full of love and happiness.

Rest in peace, darling beloved Zoee, free of pain now at the Rainbow Bridge. Love is eternal, and you and your beloved family are together always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well Zo-Zo, it's been a couple months since I said goodbye to you. I hope you are all better and getting along with ALL the pets up at the bridge.
    As you know, we brought home Zeplyn last month. Taggart was excited at first, then he seemed bummed. Partly because we couldn't let them play too much due to her spay incision.
    Now they get along (no more fights) and have fun. Every once in a while Taggart seems depressed. That's when I just sit with him and hug him and we talk about you. I know he really misses you Zoee. Even though he can't tell me.
    So many times I think of the little things you did and wish you were here to do them again, no matter how annoying they were.

Oh, and Grandma misses you too.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 11-26-2014 at 01:09 PM.

{{{Hugs}}} Cindy. I think the holidays make us a little more nostalgic when it comes to family, and furkids, that are no longer here to celebrate with us. I experience this more and more every year that I grow older. But we have all the wonderful memories that can never be taken from us, and we can bring them front and center whenever we want.

Yesterday was my day remembering some things that Sparky did - and how he used to clean up any bread cubes that dropped on the floor as I was cubing bread for the turkey stuffing. Wolfy has taken over that job with great delight.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    {{{Hugs}}} Cindy. I think the holidays make us a little more nostalgic when it comes to family, and furkids, that are no longer here to celebrate with us. I experience this more and more every year that I grow older. But we have all the wonderful memories that can never be taken from us, and we can bring them front and center whenever we want.

Yesterday was my day remembering some things that Sparky did - and how he used to clean up any bread cubes that dropped on the floor as I was cubing bread for the turkey stuffing. Wolfy has taken over that job with great delight.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Thank you Ellie. It is a tad bit easier having the other animals to keep me busy. I couldn't imagine not having fur kids in the house. It was strange to be home for three days with only the cats last week. Oh, but they sure loved having all my attention.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I totally understand. The memorial box is beautiful.

I still need to pick out a grave marker for Kia. I can't decide on a photo. Kia would roll her eyes at my indecision.

HUGS!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Today you would be 10 years old Zo-dog! We had a bonfire out at Camp Daniel since you and Jennifer (my SIL) share a birthday. I know you would have rather gone over to grandma's if you had been there.

I am getting to the point that I can talk about you without getting tears. But when I am alone (like right now) my eyes are full. I found a video I took of you and Taggart playing in the backyard. I would post it here, but it is too large to even email to myself. I did post it on Facebook. Maybe I'll see if I can put it on the Pet Talk page on FB.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! I hope you will get lots of carrots today up there at the Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Today you would be 10 years old Zo-dog! We had a bonfire out at Camp Daniel since you and Jennifer (my SIL) share a birthday. I know you would have rather gone over to grandma's if you had been there.

I am getting to the point that I can talk about you without getting tears. But when I am alone (like right now) my eyes are full. I found a video I took of you and Taggart playing in the backyard. I would post it here, but it is too large to even email to myself. I did post it on Facebook. Maybe I'll see if I can put it on the Pet Talk page on FB.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! I hope you will get lots of carrots today up there at the Bridge.
    I am sure she had a grand party today up at the Rainbow Bridge!
    I've Been Frosted

Happy Birthday, Zoee.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I don't know why, but something compelled me to come write here today. I was just sitting here working away and tears just filled my eyes. Sometimes I just think of letting you go.
    I always say I could never cry on command. But I think I could now. All I have to do is think of that night we had to say goodbye. Oh geez, now I am bawling here at work.

I am always comparing Zeplyn to you. I know I shouldn't do that. Like Bruce says.......she's not Zoee. You were MY first dog ever. Sure we had dogs growing up, but I never had one I called MINE.

Ok, I just had to let that out. Now I must go fix my make up!