Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoee 1/12/05 - 9/18/14

Zoee 1/12/05 - 9/18/14

We said goodbye to our Zoee girl last night.

She suddenly was not acting right so I took her to the ER where they did an ultrasound of her belly and found a tumor on her spleen had ruptured. She was bleeding out.
    We made the difficult decision to let her go.

Here is her first day with us:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoee 4-8-05.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	58638

And here is her last day with us:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoee 9-18-14.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	58637

Part of me is angry, part of me is devastated and part of me is relieved. She's been through so much the past several years, with her knee and then I swear there was something not right in her head. But now she is at peace. It doesn't make me feel any better, but she is better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh Cindy - I am so sorry. My heart sank when I saw this. I know how devastated you must be - it's so difficult to let them go - and we seem to question our decisions. Was it too soon??? - not soon enough??? - could I have done more??? Obviously you did the right thing by Zoee, and she loves you for it. May you find peace in knowing that she is healthy and happy again, as she waits for the day when she will have you with her once again.

{{{Hugs}}}

RIP pretty Zoee. You can run and play once more, and all is well with you now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am shocked. This was sudden, which will make it seem surreal for a bit, and you will need time to adjust to this. I just can't believe it, myself. My condolences.

RIP sweet Zoe, you knew love world wide, being a PT doggie.

Oh my gosh. This shocked me, too. ((Hugs)) to you. I am so sorry. Zoee was so very loved - by you and all of PT.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Oh, Cindy, we are stunned, and I am sorry you are going through this. What a shock to everyone. Dogs hide their aches and pains too effectively sometimes, but maybe she never felt the tumor at all, so didn't suffer long. Oh, dear, such a shock. Picture her, knees healed, and youthful health restored, herding butterflies at the Rainbow Bridge.

You all will be in our prayers during this difficult time.
    I've Been Frosted

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy - I am so so sorry! Your absolutely did the right thing but how horribly sudden and heartbreaking! {{{hugs}}} to you and I wish you and Bruce healing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you so much everyone. This is a very tough time. I've never dealt with a sudden loss like this.
    I came to work today, so it's sort of normal for me. However, Bruce works from home so he is there feeling the emptiness and seeing Taggart all alone.
    It will hit me like this too over the weekend.
    Our big concern right now is Taggart. Yes he was fine while Zoee was gone for a year, but this is permanent. He was mopey for that year too. We don't want him to be too depressed.
    Some say dogs don't get depressed, but I beg to differ. Bruce's mom is a grievance counselor and she said they've prescribed medications for dogs suffering after their owner passes away.
    We aren't jumping into getting another dog by any means. But he will be our priority to make sure he is ok. Next weekend he gets to go stay with his cousins for three days while we are away. My poor mom will feel this at that time when Zoee is not with her as she usually is when we leave.

I knew I would get the support from my Pet Talk family. You all can relate to what I am going through.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Thank you so much everyone. This is a very tough time. I've never dealt with a sudden loss like this.
    I came to work today, so it's sort of normal for me. However, Bruce works from home so he is there feeling the emptiness and seeing Taggart all alone. .
    Do give dear Taggart an extra hug from me, please! We know for certain animals do grieve, as well as being empathetic about our feelings. Tell Bruce we're thinking of him, too. !
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do give dear Taggart an extra hug from me, please! We know for certain animals do grieve, as well as being empathetic about our feelings. Tell Bruce we're thinking of him, too. !
    Will do, thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Zoee. She was a beauty and will live forever in your heart.

I had a similar situation with a dog years ago. He was fine one night, next night at EMG vet and putting him to sleep.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry! Zoee was a gorgeous girl, and so very loved! Hugs to all of you!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

So very sorry. We're never prepared for this moment. I know how your heart is breaking. She was a beautiful girl.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to read of Zoe's passing. She had a wonderful life with you.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

I am so sorry for your loss. hugz and
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you.

This weekend was rough. It was very difficult being home without her there. And poor Taggart is just so sad. He was this same way when Zoee was gone at my mom's house for the year in 2012. Except now we know she's not coming back. He runs outside when I take him out right before I go to bed. Then, it's like he realizes she isn't there, so he just stands out there looking around. He won't go potty! I have to take him to the front yard for him to go.
    The other night I sat out in the backyard with him and just cried. He sat beside me looking around the yard expecting her to come running out of the ivy.
    I thought I was going to make it through the day yesterday without crying. After I let him in from his potty break before bed I followed him out to the other room and he jumped in "his" chair and gave out a big sigh. Well, I went to bed crying..........again.

We are definitely going to be getting him another friend (I want a girl, but we'll see what happens) eventually. We are going out of town this weekend so we won't really start looking until next week or so.

Zoee, I know you are all better now, but my heart is still breaking. I thought I heard you lay down beside the bed last night, the bed kind of creaked like it would when you'd lean up against it. I've already called Paizly Zoee and daddy called Jax Zoee. I'm sure it will happen more.

I hope whatever was bothering you, besides your knee and stomach, is all better now and you can get along with all the other animals up at the bridge. You were such a brat with other dogs........remember getting into it with Tucker? Silly girl.

Let Taggart know you are ok, he really misses you!

Love you baby girl!