Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Phesina updates - Home!!!

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I tried to check yesterday but the pesky server error kicked me out.

Feel better soon!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I just talked to Pat, she called me, and it seems like she will be in the hospital a few more days than originally expected. She said cards can be mailed to her regular mailing address, anyone who does not have it can PM me, and her sister will deliver them to her. She has spoken to the woman caring for the kitties, and they are doing very well.

She thanks everyone for their well wishes! And is sure she will have coverage for any additional care she needs, she made sure of that before scheduling this! No running in her future, but she should be able to take walks for exercise eventually!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you Karen and Slick, I will send her a card.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Phesina - Update

I just received an update from Phesina's sister. The surgery went well and the outlook is good. She'll be in the University of Michigan Hospital for 3-4 days then on to rehab for several days until she's well enough to return home. No word yet about where Pat will go for rehab. As Pat's sister sends updates, I'll let you know how she's doing.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    I just received an update from Phesina's sister. The surgery went well and the outlook is good. She'll be in the University of Michigan Hospital for 3-4 days then on to rehab for several days until she's well enough to return home. No word yet about where Pat will go for rehab. As Pat's sister sends updates, I'll let you know how she's doing.
    Yes, we have updates in her thread!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post

That's good to hear. I'll be glad when she can post "in person" if things when as smooth as opposed to what she might have expected. I've been
    checking in this thread. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...nday-(Sept-15)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Awesome. <3
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you so much for posting this news. Much appreciate the update!

I just talked to Pat, everyone! She says hello, and misses everyone - human and animal - a lot! She is still in the hospital, healing is taking longer than she originally thought it was so she does not have the energy to even get her laptop going. She is hoping to know more, and maybe move to a rehab place Monday, and be able to log in there!

Please everyone send healing thought and prayers!

I did tell her about Buddy, http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2014/September/20.html and his being so playful he got kicked out of doggie daycare, and she actually laughed, so that was good!
    I've Been Frosted

Guess who just called me, Phesina! I'm so glad I got to talk to her! She is still in the hospital because her progress has gone more slowly than they expected. She said her pain is already better than before the surgery. While she is in the hospital she doesn't have access to a computer. So I thanked her for calling me and for the update

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I merged the two threads for Phesina updates, so people wouldn't have to bounce back and forth between them!
    I've Been Frosted

I just talked to Pat on the phone. She's feeling okay and sounds wonderful. Pat said she may leave the hospital for rehab possibly on Monday but that will be up to the doctors. She also said she hopes to be able to have her lap top at rehab so she can catch up with the PT events and updates. She sends a hi to all of her PT friends.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Sending good thoughts for your continued recovery, Phesina!

Blog Entries
    Get Well Soon Phesina
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Healing thoughts and prayers on the way to Pat