Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Phesina updates - Home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Home eval visit went well. I'm being discharged next Tuesday!

Yay, yay! This is such good news!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Fantastic News. one step at a time.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you!

I'm going home tomorrow morning.. Will have home health care for a while.

I'll try and check in here tomorrow morning.. Won't be on line back home right away because I don't have Internet yet in my apartment, and since I won't be able to drive, I don't know how soon I can get to the library.. takes longer on the bus. I'll probably be signing on with comcast soon after I get home, sigh.. Anyway, I'll be back here as soon as I'm able to be.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I just missed a phone call from Pat - she is home! She has no Internet at home yet, that may happen Friday, we hope it does. She has a home health aide worker coming twice a week, and is hoping to get back up to a normal activity level soon!

We just spoke on the phone, she is not in a lot of pain now, there's a dull ache that reminds her to be careful, and she is walking with - and often without - a cane. So all progress! And in a couple days she will be able to visit two of the kitties - she is not allowed to drive for a couple months yet, but there is a "senior" bus she can take if she books it in advance, and they are near one of her doctor offices that she has to go to anyway! (You are supposed to only use the bus for doctor appointments and shopping ...)
    I've Been Frosted

Yahoo! This is great news!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great news. All the best Pat.

Hi, folks! Thank you very much! I am back home and now another serf in the empire of Comcast.

I have a lot of resting and healing to do yet before I am allowed back to full range of motion. I'm still on limitations of no lifting over 5 lbs., no twisting, no bending, no driving.. until 12-weeks post-surgery, which will be around halfway through December. I will be seeing Dr. Patel (surgeon) again Oct. 30. Maybe, since I've been doing well, he will move up the post-restrictions date?! I hope.

I had my first visits last week from my home-care physical therapist and occupational therapist. PT mainly wants to work on my strength and balance and get me walking more and farther, without the cane before long. OT will help me to get bathroom shower setup safest for me and to see how I can best handle doing laundry (machines are in basement, one floor down from me).

Once I can walk somewhat farther (with or without cane), I will be able to make it over to Trader Joe's, around the corner and down the street just a bit, and to the bus stop, a little farther.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Thank you, Anne.

I am pretty much walking without the cane now (not as far as Trader Joe's yet, though). The physical therapist wants to get me walking farther in each of her following three visits. Then her work will be done with me.

On Thursday I had my 6-weeks post-surgery appointment with the surgeon. He thinks I am doing really well. They did x-rays, which were fine. He also wants me to walk, more and more.

I'm still to keep with the physical limitations (no bending, twisting, or lifting more than 5 lbs.) until the next time he sees me, 12 weeks post surg. The appointment is set for Dec. 16.

Death thought about it.

So glad you're home and well on the road to full recovery. Cali and Diego send purrrs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you, Cali, Diego, and Gayle!

Death thought about it.

Sorry I missed some updates...

I am sooooo happy to hear that you are back home!!!
    You sound very happy with the result of the surgery; that's fantastic!!
    I bet you are so glad you had that surgery !?
    It was scary, but it's all worth it hey!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am so happy for you that you are back home. No doubt it seems wonderful. Do what the therapists say and slowly but surely you will be better than before. You must be very relieved that the operation is over and that you're making very good progress. No doubt you'll get your cats just as soon as it is feasible and when you're physically able to take care of them. Take care... Kay in NC

Pat, I am glad things have worked out so well for you. And - new carpet and back on the net! Like a new home!

I hope your furbabies are doing well. You'll see them soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you, Lut and Kay and Candace.

This morning I walked all the way to Trader Joe's and back!

Death thought about it.

I'm so happy for you! You must be relieved that the operation is over and you're making such good progress. Slow but steady!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.