Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Phesina updates - Home!!!

I'm glad Pat is feeling better now than before the surgery! Things can only get better. I'll send a card off to her shortly.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So happy to hear Pat's surgery went well and she is on the mend!!! Get Well Soon Pat!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard from Phesina's sister - good news!

Pat is being discharged today from University Hospital to go to the rehabilitation center:

Regency at Bluffs Park
    355 Huron View Blvd
    Ann Arbor, MI
    734-887-8700

(This facility earned a 5-star rating from US News & Business Report for Best Nursing Homes 2014.)

She’ll be there for several days, and then go home. She’s in good spirits and seems to be healing very well.

She really appreciates your calls and cards, as do I. Thank you, everyone.
    One more step on the road to recovery!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by karen View Post
    i heard from phesina's sister - good news!

One more step on the road to recovery!
    yaaahooooo!!!!!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Get well soon!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Glad to hear thet everything is going well.Loving Greetings from Switzerland. Prathima

Wonderful news

I wonder if she'll get a room with a view of the Huron River?

I just had a long conversation with Pat. She is doing well and sounds good. Since she just arrived in rehab today, she is unsure as to how long she will be in there. Today they had her in a semi-private room but tomorrow (Wednesday) she gets moved into her own room. At that time there will be a phone put in so she can receive phone calls. Anyone can track her down by calling the number of the facility listed in Karen's post above.

She says hi to all of you and thanks for thinking of her.

Oh, and guess what I got in the mail today??? A card by none other than Sparkler with some of her fur. Sparkler calls me her Mewomie-in-law. So cute.

I will be calling her again in about two days time. Hopefully she will know more then.
    Last edited by slick; 09-23-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Aww, thanks for the update, Slick!
    And how fun you got the card today!
    I've Been Frosted

Glad to see the news that she is on the mend. Whoever speaks to her next, give her my best wishes and love.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Hi everybody!

Greetings from Regency at Bluffs Park (http://www.cienahealthcare.com/michi...t-bluffs-park/)! At last I got my laptop connected!

Thanks so very much for all the loving thoughts and good wishes and prayers and everything. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them all and love you for them.

The surgery went very well, and I'm already moving around free of the pain I had before. The surgeon said there was a lot of nerve damage in there, so I guess it's good that I had it done now rather than wait six months.

The incision has been taking its time draining, so that's why I was at the hospital this long. The surgeon decided to let me go rather than do a surgical wash now, though that could happen yet.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yay, glad you are able to read and post again!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Having been down this same road, I'll tell you that she can cook (just as long as she's not trying to do a 20 lb turkey ), but the vacuuming is out for a while!!!! No BLT - bending/lifting/twisting.
    Right, no BLT...

Pom, did you do any rehab at all, or you went straight home, didn't you, since you had family to go home to. Did you have PT and OT and stuff to do?

Did you have any extended time incision draining?

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Right, no BLT...

Pom, did you do any rehab at all, or you went straight home, didn't you, since you had family to go home to. Did you have PT and OT and stuff to do?

Did you have any extended time incision draining?

Pat
    Hi Pat...

I was sorry to read that things didn't go quite as smoothly for you as they did for me -- but every patient has different outcomes on the same procedure. Gretchen sailed right thru her hip replacement, while my BIL had life threatening complications that could have cost him his leg - or even his life. After a 2nd surgery 2 or 3 weeks after the first, to go in and clean everything out, he is home and on the road to recovery. It was touch and go for a while tho.

I had a lot more draining on the 2nd procedure than I did the first time, but they pulled the drain anyway after 3 days. Didn't seem to have any ill effects, but then a month after the surgery, I had that torn fascia and the spinal fluid leak that caused my back all along the incision, to look like Spongebob. With the lumbar compression brace, it squished most of it back into my system and was just absorbed naturally. I got some nerve irritation from the brace and can't wear it any longer, so I look like I have a bicycle tire around my waist from the fluid that didn't dissipate and just changed location but it's nothing drastic and may go away on it's own eventually. Certainly doesn't need to be manually drained.

I didn't do rehab - went straight home after 3 days in the hospital. Of course I had all the "normal" restrictions,, and doc encouraged me to walk-walk-walk. No PT or OT thank goodness, since I had that for months and after being in rehab for 2 weeks, after the cervical spine surgery in 2006 - The Year From Hell.

So I'm pretty much back to normal, and don't have to see my surgeon again till November. I think I may ask him for a PT order tho, since the strength hasn't come back in my legs, to the point I would like it to be. He left the option of PT up to me - if I wanted it or felt I needed it- and of course I didn't at the time. Looks like I need to change my mind on that one.

Thinking of you,, and hoping you get to go home very soon. Just take it slow and don't overdo when you get there.. Keep me posted on your progress.

{{{Hugs}}} my friend - and Wolfy sends doggie kisses too.

Oh - when you get a minute - go to Cat General and check out my thread of "Squirrel Tails". Had to introduce the kids to PT - finally.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks, Ellie. They pulled the drain itself a few days after, but the incision has still been leaking some at the bottom. The surgeon considered doing a wash Tuesday morning but then decided to discharge me because he thought things looked better that it will be reabsorbed. I'm to see him again Monday, and if it still looks problematic, then he'll do the wash.

I just looked at your Squirrel thread. What sweeties!!!!!

Thanks for your encouragement. I am very depressed right now, to tell you the truth. I'd have to be extremely limited in my activity if I did go home now, but when I see him again I think I'll ask if home health assistance might do the job.

I still have stuff to rearrange and figure out what I'm going to do with, after the massive carpet-replacement job in the apartment which went into the week before the surgery.

I have a few questions for you by PM too, which I'll send as.

Thanks again, Ellie.

Pat
    Death thought about it.