Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need to rehome two, I'm afraid..

DJ Fyrewolf could get them to Seattle.

She is also willing to be a rest stop for anyone who might be transporting them.

Pat - maybe PM Slick and double check on her taking them.

I don't have much money right now - a few PTrs could chip in, GoFundMe is possible.

But let's wait and see if Slick wants the babies.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just sent Slick a PM.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat- I think you are panicking without cause right now. *If* nothing has yet been said about the number of pets you have, and *if* there IS no limit, I wouldn't do a thing until required to do so. I represent landlords. They want "good", paying tenants. Frankly, a place mixed with young college kids AND mature, responsible tenants isn't any landlords dream mix.

You sound very panicked (not judging you, just relaying how it sounds), and are very reactionary right now. To think of re-homing pets without being told to seems drastic.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1364954913271

Information on importing cats from the States.
    Pat: I'm a little behind on things here and don't fully understand what's going on. I can only make assumptions. I have absolutely no experience with CH kitties and I've never been in contact with one so I'm not sure if I am the right home.
    Thoughts anyone?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Pat- I think you are panicking without cause right now. *If* nothing has yet been said about the number of pets you have, and *if* there IS no limit, I wouldn't do a thing until required to do so. I represent landlords. They want "good", paying tenants. Frankly, a place mixed with young college kids AND mature, responsible tenants isn't any landlords dream mix.

You sound very panicked (not judging you, just relaying how it sounds), and are very reactionary right now. To think of re-homing pets without being told to seems drastic.
    Agree, agree, agree!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1364954913271

Information on importing cats from the States.
    Pat: I'm a little behind on things here and don't fully understand what's going on. I can only make assumptions. I have absolutely no experience with CH kitties and I've never been in contact with one so I'm not sure if I am the right home.
    Thoughts anyone?
    Thank you for the link with the importing information, Slick. I just sent you a PM with regard to the rest.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Thank you, Cataholic and Elyse. Yes, I do know I'm panicked here, and I do know I have that tendency.

But yes there IS a limit, two pets at most, and I am facing major surgery which will have me out of commission for quite a while, with this going on.

Yes, I've been a good, paying, dependable, non-pesky tenant for the 12 years I've been there. And they are marketing heavily to students right now, especially grad students and foreigners. I think they're looking at the fast-buck aspect, not the long haul.

Today I took Poppy and Elmer to the Happy Hearts Feline Rescue out in Grass Lake, MI. They can stay there for whatever time they and I need, until I either find a place I can have all four or else decide they should be adopted out. My sister and I have given them quite substantial donations.

And Bob and Sparkler will probably keep boarding at Karnik until I'm home and able to care for them again myself. My sister told me today she doesn't think she can handle caring for them, what with her job and all her other responsibilities.

The surgeon's assistant told me today that if I don't want to do Sept. 15, the soonest they could reschedule me is Oct. 29. That would make a lot of my rehab in the winter, which is out as far as I'm concerned. So I either go in next Monday (and come back when?), or else put it off until next March or so.

Thanks, folks, for your thoughts.

Pat
    Death thought about it.

You will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Don't you just hate it when your life gets turned all upside down?
    Prayers still on the way from me too!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sending you good thoughts and prayers! I know what it's like to deal with landlords who have no intention of being nice...*sigh*

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help out on this adventure, please let me know.

Thanks so much for the prayers and good wishes and all, Karen and MoFF and DJFyrewolf36.

I feel so guilty leaving Poppy and Elmer out there.. they'll mostly be in a cage. And once again their world has gone topsy-turvy.

I don't know what else to do, though. And I know they will be well cared for and loved and safe out there. I'm lucky that they have that space available to go to.

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post

I don't know what else to do, though. And I know they will be well cared for and loved and safe out there. I'm lucky that they have that space available to go to.

Pat- they could have stayed right there with you. To know that your cats are in a cage is terrible. To know that they are there for no real reason is worse.

If the cats peeing on everything was the cause of the LL ire, ONE cat is too many.

The cats should have stayed right where they were until there was a legitimate reason to re-home them.

And, for all the people that will jump down my throat because I am being "mean"...THIS is one of two reasons that I left PT for all intents and purposes. Pets are not disposable.

This has seriously bummed me out. Your poor PETS.

Pat- they could have stayed right there with you. To know that your cats are in a cage is terrible. To know that they are there for no real reason is worse.

If the cats peeing on everything was the cause of the LL ire, ONE cat is too many.

The cats should have stayed right where they were until there was a legitimate reason to re-home them.

And, for all the people that will jump down my throat because I am being "mean"...THIS is one of two reasons that I left PT for all intents and purposes. Pets are not disposable.

This has seriously bummed me out. Your poor PETS.
    She has not disposed of them! She is going in for major Sir Jury in a few days, and will be out of commission for an undetermined period of time! And the cats were all boarded while workmen came and replaced all the carpet - not something Pat had scheduled for! She still loves all 4 kitties, I promise! And hopes they can all be back together on the other side of all this upheaval, I know!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear People Pleaser- having the ability to READ what has been posted confirms that she intends to GET RID of two cats for NO reason. (except the very late developing, "two cat max" reason).

Quite a difference between boarding cats temporarily while carpet/workers in and out and getting RID of two cats.

Animals cannot speak. They have no voice. To read on a "pet board" this type of thing is beyond comprehension. How terribly sad. I am not out to win a popularity contest, but I am sure not going to sit back and pretend this is OK.

Stop with the Polly-anna nonsense.

I worked for many years for a law office where one of their specialties was Landlord/Tenant law. If you are caught with more than the allowed # of pets, they can't legally kick you out right then and there, especially if you are having health concerns at the time. What they can/will do is give you 30-90 days to get rid of the extra animals or pay extra for them being there. They can't legally give you a few days to move out. If you have the right attorney you can buy yourself a year or more. If you are a good paying tenant who gives them no troble, it is NOT up to the apartment manager to kick you out, it is up to the owner of the building, and they rarely, if ever, evict people for the pet issue, unless you have over 10 cats ro so. Don't get paranoid. Board your kitties until you are back on your feet and then get them ALL back with you. The issue will be yesterday's news by then and no one will even care. I was caught with too many animals and I lived where I lived for almost 2 years without much hassle because I knew the law. Please don't put your pets through this because of a fear that isn't grounded anywhere near reality.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!