Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need to rehome two, I'm afraid..

Need to rehome two, I'm afraid..

All this work is being done in my apartment, recarpeting the floors. The management complained about odors from the cats.

I'm afraid they're going to be watching me like hawks once this is done, to see if they can catch me in anything they can kick me out for.

I hate to see them go.. Poppy and Elmer, because Poppy is able-bodied and Elmer is a greatly adept CHer. But if they do go, I'd like it to be to someone I know would love them and give them the best home ever. As I would continue to do assuming it's possible.

Any potential adopters out there? I'd drive them quite some distance to get there. And give a substantial cash donation.

Thank you very much for any offers, considerations, ideas, and please, PLEASE pray for us all. I'm really scared.

Love from Pat and all
    Last edited by phesina; 09-01-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You will be in our prayers, I hope you all get to stay together!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry I can't help. But I will send up prayers for a positive solution.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Blog Entries
    OMG! I sincerely wish and pray you can pass about your ordeal.

Many many prayers gong out to you. Perhaps if they had replaced the carpets when they should have, there would be no smell.

After the carpeting is installed, maybe the 4 could be back with you? I guess you can't afford to move?

Best of luck - I hope a PTr can give these babies a home.

I'll check with my FB contact in your city and see if she knows anyone (I think she has 3 of her own).
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My heart absolutely sank when I saw this. I'm praying that you all can stay together. They took care of the carpeting, which was supposed to have been done a long time ago. Your house was just professionally cleaned. So there should be reason for any offensive odors you're not able to control. Big, big prayers that no one will have to be re-homed.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

If only I lived closer, I would take them in a heartbeat!!! Praying for you Pat.
    Love slick
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hope that you can find a way to keep your family together, since most people don't want to take on full grown cats, and the kittens go first. We've been trying since April to find homes for my son's girlfriend's 3 cats that are here. The 2 outside kitties aren't a problem, and they seem to enjoy their new big outdoor residence. But then there is the inside only girl (not spayed and momma of Luke, Leia and Harley), who has had to live in the garage. She was finally spayed just last week, so hopefully this will make her more adoptable - tho I have my doubts. Shelters and rescues are full and not accepting any........... It's pretty darn discouraging.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you, dear friends, for the prayers and suggestions and good wishes, and please keep them coming.

I certainly do plan, once the new carpet is down, to keep it all clean. (Seems it took 12 years for them to notice this time.)

There's another factor involved here that I don't want to write about on this public Wifi network (see my post in General, http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...-It-s-gone-now). PM or e-mail me with a phone number for more.

Slick, maybe I'll drive them to B.C.! (Wonder if they'd need passports.)

Love

P.S., Again, thanks, thanks, thanks, and please, please, please do keep those prayers and suggestions and good wishes coming!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

So sorry to hear this. Wish I lived closer, too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you, Anne.

I'm at the library again. I just visited the kitties at the boarding place (http://www.karnik.us/dog-boarding-da...arbor-michigan). I've been going every day (except they were closed for visitors Labor Day). Bob is out on a cat bed, and the other three spend a lot of time all cuddled up together in the back of the carrier. I sat in their little cubicle, Bob came over, got on my lap. Today he wanted to explore further, so he roamed around outside the cubicle for a while. Meanwhile I was reaching into the carrier petting all the others.

New carpeting is being put in the bedroom right now. The maintenance guys will put my bed and dresser back in there. Then I'll move as much as I can back to the bedroom from the living room, plus what living room stuff I can. I have professional movers coming tomorrow to move the big things into the bedroom. I hope they will be able to leave some access to the bed for me and not have to tip it up on its side or something.

Then Friday the livingroom carpet will be torn out and the floor treated.

Monday morning they put in the new living room carpet.

Then I move as much stuff from the bedroom back to the living room as I can.

Tuesday afternoon the movers come to move the rest of the livingroom stuff back.

Wednesday the cats can come home.

That's the schedule at this point.

Death thought about it.

And then the problem is needing to find a home for two cats. I'm very afraid they'll think I might have more than I should.

Death thought about it.

What leads you to think that THEY think you have more than 2?

Maybe bring 2 home and board the other two for a couple of more weeks?

I still have to contact my friend on FB. I'll do that right now.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I have not kept up with all the news, so lets just start with thoughts and prayers for you, Pat.

I am assuming you rent and are allowed only 2 cats in your lease??

This "solution" I am about to suggest is not for everyone. But I did this back when I had a cat sick with intestinal cancer and a bad case of runny diarrhea... I covered the carpet with a plastic painting tarp. Using the furniture to hold it in place. And I also did a wall to wall installation of the tarps in 2 rooms. I also use the clear plastic runners with the tiny nubs on the underside, in front of & under litter boxes. Throw carpets or area rugs can also be used to keep the wear down on the carpeting.

I was lucking in the fact that I did not need to cover the living room carpet, and all the accidents kept happening in the upstairs bedrooms. But I do use the clear runners in the LV and kitchen. But maybe you could find a nice large area rug for your largest room just to keep the most traveled areas cleaner.

What ever happens, I wish you the best.

Now there is a place for the two to go.. a WONDERFUL place! An amazing woman named Jeanne Spencer started and runs Kat Snips (http://www.katsnips.org/), an organization funding low-cost spays and neuters in Washtenaw (this one), Lenawee, and Jackson counties. They also have a couple of rescue shelters and do adoptions. Since they started in 2010, I have donated a lot of items for their fund-raising events such as rummage sales and silent auctions.

They will take two of my cats, which means the cats will either be adopted to really good, nice people or else will live their lives out there safe and well loved and cared for.

Death thought about it.