Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need to rehome two, I'm afraid..

I can't care for them while I am in the hospital and then in rehab, and there is no one else available to do it. so they have to be somewhere else during this time.

I will get in touch with Legal Aid and the law students' clinic to find out just what the law is in Michigan regarding tenants and pets. If it is as you say, katladyd, I will get them all back as soon as I'm able to care for them myself again.

This was not a 'late developing, "two cat max" reason.' This has been the primary reason for all this. And I'm heartbroken about the idea of losing the two, but I feel quite powerless. If necessary, I hope to find another place to live where I can have them all, but I'm in no position to look just now.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Pat- they could have stayed right there with you. To know that your cats are in a cage is terrible. To know that they are there for no real reason is worse.

If the cats peeing on everything was the cause of the LL ire, ONE cat is too many.

The cats should have stayed right where they were until there was a legitimate reason to re-home them.

And, for all the people that will jump down my throat because I am being "mean"...THIS is one of two reasons that I left PT for all intents and purposes. Pets are not disposable.

This has seriously bummed me out. Your poor PETS.

I am a bit shocked by this quote.... . Really, this is exactly something that Elaine does NOT need right now....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

To all who have never been in the situation where you are alone and have no help close by; count your blessings. I well know the feelings of panic and even terror at the thought of not being able to take care of your dear pets. Right now, they are where they are being taken care of . The ideal situation would be they would be home with phesina but they are safe and the rest will work itself out after she is back on her feet. No one was trying to be heartless or cruel to them. They were trying to do what was best for all concerned. I would have to do something similar with my cats should I ever need to go into the hospital.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cataholic. I believe that you have misjudged Phesina and the situation she finds herself in right now. While I don't think you mean to
    be mean, your comments sound very insensitive & unhelpful. With all that's going on in her life right now, she's doing the very best she can.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cataholic, Pat is not in this situation by choice and her heart is broken over her kitties that she loves with all her heart. Facing major surgery and other events going on for her considered, she made the only decision she could to make sure her beloved kitties are safe and well cared for. When I was put in the hospital over the holidays, my son was here to care for and look after Amigo. In that respect I consider myself fortunate but at the same time realize not all pet owners have this kind of back-up readily available. If we were closer, I'd go over there and care for the kitties myself while Pat recovers but getting to Ann Arbor from Trenton is clearly not possible. My heart is broken for Pat because I feel helpless to do anything for her. Right now she needs the support and encouragement of her friends, not more stress.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I usually don't chime in unless I am fully aware of situation, but in this case 100% agree with above posters re Cataholic's comments. No one is being Pollyanna-ish, but Phesina has quite a lot to deal with facing major surgery and recovery period without anyone adding to it by adding guilt into the mix. Many peeps do not have friends/family close by who can or are willing to drop everything and look after us and/or our pets. Phesina is doing the best that she can and has my "virtual" support and blessings which are all that I can provide .

Can't people read?

The point I raised has nothing to do with a temporary fostering because of surgery. Nothing at all. But, is as typical here, people read the drama, and forget about the most important issue- the pets. There is no reason to rehome any of her pets. Not until the last moment did she chime in that there was a two pet max. She even wrote that she didn't know, and feared to ask. This hasn't been an issue for 12 years. Now all of a sudden it is an issue.

I would presume it is so because everyone wants that free pass themselves when they dump their own animals. That is sad. That is wrong. And THAT is my concern. People have surgery all the time. How about thinking of the cats and THEIR stress? To live in a cage? Really?

I don't give a rat's butt what people think of me for expressing my opinion. I am thinking of the cats. Not a single one of you are.

Okay, so now we all know there is a two-pet maximum where Pat lives.

Once the new carpets are in, and since the managers there change so often, perhaps Pat can wait until there is an issue, if there ever is.

IF - IF - there is, she has a history as a good tenant which she can point out. Plus, she can offer to pay a pet damage deposit for the two extra cats (GoFundMe, here we come!)

With major surgery coming up, anyone might be more prone to acting out of fear. Having a major event at home - moving furniture, replacing carpets - is enough of an upheaval all by itself.

At this point, Pat, I truly wish you all the very best with your surgery. With the cats, everything will work out the way it is supposed to. HUGS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Okay, so now we all know there is a two-pet maximum where Pat lives.

Once the new carpets are in, and since the managers there change so often, perhaps Pat can wait until there is an issue, if there ever is.

IF - IF - there is, she has a history as a good tenant which she can point out. Plus, she can offer to pay a pet damage deposit for the two extra cats (GoFundMe, here we come!)

With major surgery coming up, anyone might be more prone to acting out of fear. Having a major event at home - moving furniture, replacing carpets - is enough of an upheaval all by itself.

At this point, Pat, I truly wish you all the very best with your surgery. With the cats, everything will work out the way it is supposed to. HUGS.

Absolutely. Totally and completely agree with you.

Can't people read?

The point I raised has nothing to do with a temporary fostering because of surgery. Nothing at all. But, is as typical here, people read the drama, and forget about the most important issue- the pets. There is no reason to rehome any of her pets. Not until the last moment did she chime in that there was a two pet max. She even wrote that she didn't know, and feared to ask. This hasn't been an issue for 12 years. Now all of a sudden it is an issue.

I would presume it is so because everyone wants that free pass themselves when they dump their own animals. That is sad. That is wrong. And THAT is my concern. People have surgery all the time. How about thinking of the cats and THEIR stress? To live in a cage? Really?

I don't give a rat's butt what people think of me for expressing my opinion. I am thinking of the cats. Not a single one of you are.

Prior thread.........
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...-(see-post-25)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Please, folks, let's just leave it where is it in THIS thread, ok?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You tell me, Liz:

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thanks, Candace. Why might they think I have more than allowed? At this point I'm afraid to take the risk. If I lose this place, I'd have a really hard time finding another, particularly one that doesn't have pet limitations.
    AND this:

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    And then the problem is needing to find a home for two cats. I'm very afraid they'll think I might have more than I should.
    PLus the fact she had SEVEN in there at one time?

Which set of "facts" is one to believe? I stick by my opinion. They aren't my cats. But, I can still care about their welfare.

I am thinking of phesina AND her cats. I wish I could have the two of them here with me, but that is not an option right now. I also wish I could help phesina more while she is recovering from her surgery, but I am 250 miles away from her in Chicago. I have a 2-pet maximum in my building, too. I know there are people in my building who are over the maximum, but that's none of my business. In the meantime phesina's cats are safe.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

cassiesmom- I get that. And, I do understand about pet minimums. And, her cats are "safe". But they will be living in a cage. For no reason.

What gets me is that I fight every single day to keep pets IN homes, I do transport, rescue, donate, educate, etc., to make things better for animals at true risk. At true risk. That was not what was going on here. To know there are people on a pet board that can't see through their own selfish and personal drama, and care more about pleasing others than they do about the welfare of another living being that THEY are responsible for, peeves me to no end.

I expect to fight this silly nonsense in the general public. I don't expect to fight it on a pet board. But, as I said earlier, I left PT partly because it simply doesn't line up with my own personal mission about responsible pet ownership. That is my mission, my business. Cute pictures of pets are wonderful. Funny antics are wonderful. Pet dumping is not.

But, until we stop killing healthy animals every.single.day I will fight the fight. Hate me for it all you want. Call me mean, unsympathetic, guilt inducing, making people feel bad- I don't care. I am not doing this for the people. I am doing this for the animals.

Hate me for it all you want. Call me mean, unsympathetic, guilt inducing, making people feel bad- I don't care. I am not doing this for the people. I am doing this for the animals.

Let's you & I just agree to disagree here & leave it at that. Love ya bunches. Liz.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt