Thread: Wookiee the Hero!

Wookiee the Hero!

What a long way you have come, dear boy, from the scared shy little puppy mill rescue. How wonderful you overcame your fear to try to alert you new mom to an impending seizure, and did you best to help her once it happened! We humans cannot tell when someone is going to have a seizure, so you are very important to her! We are glad you are now registered, so you can be with her everywhere she goes!
    I've Been Frosted

Wookiee, what a grand name for a hero dog. Bless your pawent for rescuing you. Bless you for caring for your pawent. Congratulations for being named Dog of the Day.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hi Wookiee, your story just made me go WOW! Fate brought you two together. A very happy dotd to you!!!
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

Hello Wookiee, it's a pleasure to meet you. What a cute sweet intelligent little dog you are! I am so glad you were rescued and now have a wonderful loving home. I got tears in my eyes as I read about the first time you knew your human was about to have a seizure and now you are able to warn your human. You are just so precious and I am glad you two have each other. I hope you have many happy healthy years together. Congrats on being DOTD!

Wookiee

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You prove you don't have to be BIG to be a hero.
    Besides, you are just so darn cute!
    Celebrate your very special day.

You're a little cutie Wookiee!!! Talk about being a hero! You sure are!

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope this is a special day for you and your person!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hero Pup Wookiee!

Good morning darling Wookiee! A very happy Dog of the Day to you, sweetheart!

How honored we are to have such a deserving doggie, a HERO doggie, as our very special Sunday honoree! Seeing your beautiful face up on my screen this morning, reading your inspirational story, have brought (*happy*) tears to my eyes!

From rescued puppy mill pup to devoted furkid and loving companion, they don't come any more inspirational, any more special than you, Wookiee! And now, in your therapy work as a certified seizure alert dog, you continue to pay it forward, returning the kindness and compassion shown you by your human a zillion fold, in a most miraculous way! As Donna has said, you ARE living proof that you don't have to be big in stature to be a hero, just big in heart!

What a lucky human is yours, Wookiee, having you as her/his furry soulmate, her guardian angel and life saver; watching over her day and night, keeping her safe, bringing so much love and comfort to her days! You truly are "king of the world," Wookiee, and so very deserving of your Dog of the Day hero status!

Thanks for starting my day off with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Enjoy your big day on center stage, being loved and pampered royally!
    Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Wookiee, DOG OF A LIFETIME!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm smiling from ear to ear - both at your wonderful, happy ending story, and your pictures as well. My heart skipped a beat when I saw you, since you are the image of my RB Myndi who was with me for nearly 18 years.

You are such an intelligent and beautiful little pup - and now you will be able to forever protect your person, wherever he/she may go. I can't think of a more important job in the world.

Enjoy your day, and the honors that go along with being DOTD. I know for certain that you are DOTD every day in your house!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries

Wookie, The Warrior!

Hey Wookiee!

You remind me of the valiant warrior specie of Chewbacca in the sci-fi movie Star Wars. Chewbacca was Han Solo’s loyal best friend in the movie. Chewbacca belong to the tall humanoid specie called Wookiees. I’m sure you are as valiant as thw Wookiee specie in the movie having been through the struggles of a puppy mill where your loving parent got you. You serve as our inspiration with your deed being a seizure therapy assistance dog for the needy especially those helpless disabled people.
    We are sooooo proud you are today’s POTD and Cheers!
    Last edited by Snowflakes; 08-31-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Awwww, Wookiee! You might be small in stature as a Pom, but you are a Mighty Hero to your person! I was so sad as I read about you hiding under the bed those first few weeks. But I am so happy that you responded to your person at just the right moment! You are a certified seizure/therapy dog, and a very special Wookiee-Nurse! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to you, sweet Wookiee! I am sending you some enormous hugs and snuggles today !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Many, MANY THANKS to each & every single ONE of YOU for ALL of your kind words from Wookiee & myself. He's TRULY honored to have been nominated as DOTD today.

I'm TRULY blessed to have been the ONE to have been rescued by this wonderful, sweet,affectionate little guy. And cannot even begin to think of my life without him.

You've ALL truly touched my heart with your kind words and again - THANK YOU (tiny woofs) from us BOTH! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  66.3 KB

That pic of the two of you together says it all! Awesomely adorable Wookiee is a genuine example of (wo)man's best friend!