Thread: Insulin and syringes

Insulin and syringes

My cat rescue got an unopened vial of Lantus 100 units/ml insulin, good until April 2015; and a box of 0.3 mL/30 gage syringes. Can anyone here use these? If you do send me a PM and I'll ship them to you.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

What a nice offer! Surely some diabetic Pet Talk kitty will be grateful!
    I've Been Frosted

Cats use lantus? That is the slow, long lasting version. My Dad gets that at night / bed time. He gets the fast acting at each meal.

If you really get stuck, donate to your senior center, the nurse will know who needs it and can't afford it.

That's a neat idea. I'll try to get it to some needy cat owner first; insulin and supplies are covered by Medicare, AFAIK.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

In our area, we have a hospice and some related charities. When mom died, I gathered her breathing equipment and anything else that the equipment companies couldn't take back, and took it to the charity store. The lady in charge asked if I minded if she just handed it off to the nurses that use the store as a base. I found out that they just didn't do hospice, but also home care for those that couldn't afford a hospital or hospice center. I told her to use the stuff as they saw fit.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)