Thread: Joey the Garden Cat, 2007-2014

Joey the Garden Cat, 2007-2014

More photos in photo gallery at link.

Joey was a feral cat who made the THV11 Weather Garden his home and the entire news team and viewers his family.

The THV11 family is mourning the loss of our beloved Joey, known to many as "Joey the Garden Cat."

We're sad to share that Joey has succumbed to illness. You may recall Joey's health issues through the years; having dealt with bone cancer, a related surgery, and other ailments. There's no doubt that Joey has always shown he's a special cat, even in dealing with so much adversity.
    On Thursday, Joey fell ill and was immediately taken to Dr. Bob Hale where he was placed in the ER overnight. He was monitored closely and saw initial improvement, but unfortunately, he took a turn for the worse.
    From the beginning, when Joey showed up in the THV11 Weather Garden, he stole our hearts and those of so many more.
    Thank you to everyone who has loved Joey as much as we do.
    Read Joey's Story: http://on.kthv.com/1fwFGKI

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh this is so sad. I did wonder if THV just wasn't saying anything the last time he fell ill. My heart aches for them.

I so enjoy visiting his page on most days to see his antics. He looks so much like my Spunky. The entire staff truly loved him. His passing will leave a big hole in their lives and the lives of their viewers.

Play hard at the Bridge, Joey, in your special garden.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, Joey, you're beautiful! What a wonderful collection of photos to memorialize you!

I'm so sorry to learn of your passing on, but how you have touched and won the hearts of so many: your THV 11 family, especially Larry the Garden Cat, and all the people and kitties who came to know you through the broadcasts over the seven years you all spent together.

Now you are a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, healthy and hearty again and ready to welcome your dear friends as they each arrive Home.. One Fine Day.

My deepest sympathy to your THV 11 family and friends and Larry and all who love you and grieve you. May their precious memories help to bring them comfort. They have given and done so much to make such a difference in the life of a feral cat!

Blessings to Joey Angel and all who love him so dearly.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OMG I can't believe it. I've been following Joey on FB for a long time now. Rest easy Joey and know that there is no more illness and no more aches and pains.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Smile

Joey is a lot like the many Porch Cats who come to the Found Cat Hotel, and sometimes become Found Ctas and sometimes come a few times and then vanish.
    But they are all loved just the same.
    Joey my Juke Joint Joseph and his HH Lady Edwina Rose will be there to meet you at the Rainbow Bridge and they will have a fedora for you and maybe a zoot suit , so you will be stylish.
    You have so many friends to meet in the years to come , to jpoin you in Purradise.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sweet Joey

What a lucky cat was Joey, to have so many who cared deeply for him. So many strays and ferals are not so lucky. Run free and be happy over the Rainbow Bridge little guy. Know that you were and will always be loved and thought of fondly.