Thread: Calvin 9-2-2014

Calvin 9-2-2014

Our Calvin has left for the rainbow bridge. Monday evening (labor day) when we returned home from visiting my dad, we found him laying on the floor near my recliner. He was not dead, but we knew that this was the end. I sat with him and laid him on a blanket and just talked to him. I let him know that we were here and that he was loved. And that he should leave in peace and we would understand. He was gone by morning.

He was only the second cat of mine to die at home. I felt badly not knowing how long he was laying there, and I hoped that he was not in pain while we were out. But he lived a long life and he might even be visiting his former owner at this moment, since he only became "orphaned" due to his owners death.

Calvin was a challenge; shy, scared, not well socialized. When I adopted him in 2002, he had only ever knew one person and his fellow cats. He would not eat for me for 5 full days when he first came here. He would not let me pick him up for years! But he came around. And I am glad that he picked me as his new caretaker and meowmie.

RIP Calvin, many of your old friends have been waiting for you at the bridge. Reunite and rejoice being together again. And one day, Charlie and I will join you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jenluckenbach; 09-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Hugs and wishes of sympathy to you, Jen. Dear Calvin, please go find Cassie with my grandmother at the Rainbow Bridge. They will make sure you have tons of hugs, snuggles, treats and lovies until we are all together, One Fine Day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rest in peace, dear boy. You had love in your life for a long time, and we know Jen and Charlie will see you again some day at The Rainbow Bridge. Have a nice nap now, your pain and troubles are gone, and you can relax and enjoy the butterflies!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm very sorry for your loss of Calvin.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So very sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss. R.I.P. dear Calvin!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Calvin had a second chance, finding a home with you in 2002. And although it took him some time, he did know he was safe, and loved. Thank you for taking him in.

It is nice when they get to leave for The Bridge at home, surrounded by loved ones and familiar, comfortable things. In the last 18 months I have lost 2 of my furbabies. One left at the vets office and one was sleeping by my side when he left. It is much easier when they go naturally at home, but that is not always possible. Calvin knew he was loved and that is what is most important. I am so sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Calvin.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Hugz for Jen. Have fun at the Bridge Calvin.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Smile

We are so sorry to hear about Calvin Jen , it is always such a gut wrenching feeling when a Cat Companion passes on , that you realize that you will not see them again .
    But Ctas are immortal and as an Angel Calvin will recieve his wings of Silver and Gold and is now an Eternal Awesome Angel Companion with lots of Animal and Human Angels to be with.
    He will meet my Dear Mother , the Found Hotel Cats Angels and be a part of the Angel Kingdom.
    You will meet again Jen , with all of your Angels in Purradise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to read about Calvin. As Gary says, it is never easy when a longtime companion leaves us. He is now with his furry friends and waiting for the day when you will be together again.

Dearest Jen and Charlie, I am so sorry to learn of the passing of your loving and beloved Calvin. How good that he was able to leave from home with you talking to him. He is a beautiful cat and lived a long, happy life with you. Now he is it the Bridge, whole and healthy again, a glorious Angel with his former Purrrson and many other friends, waiting to welcome you Home.. One Fine Day.

May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort. Thank you so much for taking him in after his previous owner left for the Bridge.

Sweet Calvin, rest in peace. Please send some purrs down to the hearts of your dear Jen and Charlie, reminding them that love is eternal and you are together always.

God bless you all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry about your precious old timer Calvin. He was very well loved.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Handsome Calvin

Calvin was a lucky boy to be able to find a loving home after his first person passed away. I am sure this handsome lad is having a grand time connecting with those family and mates who were waiting for him across the Rainbow Bridge. May Calvin's spirit and memories of him get you through this sad time.