Thread: Sweet Star the Rescue!

Sweet Star the Rescue!

Beautiful Star, you looks so elegant stretched out and comfy on the bed. It is hard to imagine you didn't know what one was for the first four years of your life! We are so glad you came to your human at just the right time. Concentrating on helping you understand rings like stairs and grass and love helped heal her sore heart. And it is wonderful that you are now a therapy dog, bringing you specific brand of gentleness and peace to lots of people who need it. This big brown eyes would melt the hardest of heart! Here's to many years of love ahead!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Star, you look like a big mush! Such a sweet girl. I"m glad you and your person were able to help each other out. Happy DOTD!!
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

Some great photography there, but what's more important is what's in the picture. Star is lovely and I am so happy you have found each other. It's great that she knows you helped her so she helps you... And others in fact. Great job to the both of you!

Heavenly Star!

Good morning Starlight! Happy Dog of the Day to you! What an elegant, gorgeous Grey girl you are, Star! Your photos are simply exquisite, utterly heart melting! You have the face of an angel, Star, and the heart of one as well!

What a priceless gift your human was blessed with the day she/he opened up her/his heart and home to you! And is so often the case with our rescues, you ended up "saving" your human as much as she/he did you! You truly were heaven sent, Star, coming into your human's life during her/his time of great need, bringing so much comfort, joy and light to her/his life! And how well you have repaid the kindness shown you, by paying it forward not only with your selfless devotion to your human, but in your therapy work, bringing smiles to the faces of so many in need of a little unconditional, furry love! You truly are an inspiration, Star, the light of your human's life, and so very deserving of your Dog of the Day, EVERY day, honors!

Enjoy your big day in the spotlight, sweetheart, and every moment of your enchanted life! Lots of love to you, beautiful Star, from me and my beloved Lab, Star, now of the Rainbow Bridge! Wishing for you and your mom/dad, many, many more happy, love filled years together!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello beautiful Star. We're happy you are now in a loving home, where you can live out your retirement. Thank you for brightening up other people's lives with your pet therapy work!

from seven houndies, just like you

Star lives up to her name

Ah, she is a gorgeous greyhound. My husband and I have owned 4 retired racers. One, our only male, died this past March at 10 yrs. 3 mos. Such a loving boy. We now have 3 girls, 7 1/2, 10 1/2 and almost 13. The 13 yr. old came to us about a month ago after going from pillar to post through no fault of hers. But, she has settled in nicely with the other 2 girls and we love each of them dearly. I volunteer at our local greyhound rescue kennel so get lots of "leaning" and loving. I'm sure Star is an ideal therapy dog. They are so laid back, those "40 mph couch potatoes." And, they love people so working with fragile folks is just their thing. Enjoy Star and continue to use her as am ambassadog for the breed.

Star

What an appropriate name for you, you are a shining star for sure! You made my day just reading about you and I love your beautiful photos. You deserve Dog of the Day everyday!

Star

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You seem to be enjoying your new life.
    It's better to be bringing joy to people than running around a track.
    My Mom was in a nursing home. She just loved it when they would
    bring dogs in for her to pat.
    Have a great day.

Hello Star, it's a pleasure to meet you. What a beautiful dog you are! Also you look so sweet and kind and relaxed. I am so glad you don't have to race any more except to run to your human to get treats and to play. No doubt all folks in nursing homes or wherever are delighted and cheered up when you visit. I hope you have many more happy healthy years with your human. Congrats on being DOTD!

Oh, sweet Star! How wonderful that you bring smiles to the people you meet on your therapy visits, and to your person's co-workers! I agree with Karen - you bring your own gentleness and peace to those who need it. And one look from your brown eyes, and I'd be willing to do whatever you desire! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to dear Star!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678