Thread: Childhood silliness coming back to haunt you

Childhood silliness coming back to haunt you

Well, it's canning time.

As the garden continues it's late summer explosion, it's time to make pickles.

On the docket for today are bread and butter pickles.

I was explaining to my kids (one of whom is on the board now as Angel's human), the Mayor and I used to fight over the cauliflower and onions in the sweet pickles from the store. There were very few pieces of cauliflower and pearl onions in the store bought pickles, and the arguments over the few pieces were at the same time silly (now) and epic. It got to the point where our father would end the argument by having them himself just to end the arguments over who would get them.

Sooooooo

As I'm getting ready to make pickles, and had to go to the store for a few things, I wound up making another trip.

Why?

I forgot the cauliflower.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Hee hee - now you'd get to have all the cauliflower, as I am allergic to it - so I get the pearl onions by default, right?
    I've Been Frosted

I remember those! Fortunately I was the only one in my family that liked pickled cauliflower.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb