Thread: Freshly shed Flower!

Freshly shed Flower!

When I peeked in at Flower this morning I spotted a freshly shed skin! Apparently he was feeling frisky in his new skin, and he was so active that I hardly got any photos worth sharing, but I did manage a few!!

Oh, hallo camera!!

It is both extremely neat and slightly creepy to be able to see his heart. Eventually his skin and scales will thicken enough that he won't be see-through anymore.

One way to get wiggly snakes to be still(ish) is to put them into a bowl. This isn't a particularly good picture of Flower, but I thought the shot was neat anyways!

His poor head. He tore some scales off of the top of his head recently. I have no idea if they will grow back or if he will have a bald spot on his head forever...I suspect he'll have a bald spot. I used to have a female with a similar bald spot on her head.

Aww, in the bottom picture, the bald spot looks heart-shaped! Thanks for sharing - and good tip to know for pictures of wriggly snakes!
    I've Been Frosted

Hehehe, the bald spot is almost heart-shaped, I never noticed! I'll be entering him for PoTD once he grows a bit more and his color comes out.

He's adorable!

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo