Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW Scary news from the home front (see post 25)

I just got a call from Dr. Patel (surgeon)'s nurse. In my pre-surgery tests yesterday the EKG had some abnormality. So now I have to see my primary care doctor who is to decide whether I am fit for surgery now or need to have more tests.

I called Dr. Shore (primary care doctor)'s office, have an appointment to see her Thursday.

So the surgery may be postponed regardless of what's going on with the apartment!

Then again, maybe all my anxiety and distress over the apartment and cats stuff affected the EKG. My blood pressure reading was really high yesterday, and it's been excellent forever.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I had to do this for new carpet in an apartment I lived in several years ago. You take all the floor stuff in the bedroom (since they are doing that room first) and move it into the living room (pile it up if you have to). Then, when they are done with the bedroom move all the living room stuff into the bedroom, including the bedroom room floor stuff you had put in the living room. When they are completely finished, move everythig back to its appropriate room and enjoy your new carpet!
    Hi katladyd, just what kind of "floor stuff" did you have to move? I have a number of packing crates set up on their sides on the floor, some on top of others, with things in them. And stacking containers that hold things like socks. Did you have to move things like that?

Did you have to move stuff like books in bookcases? Things on top of tables? ..Things that aren't on the floor as such but might fall off or out when they have to more the tables and bookcases.

I have a coat-rack with several coats hanging from it. How about that, do you think?

I'm reluctant to call the office. First of all, this Cathy is brand-new, and I doubt she knows all the answers to things like that. And they are VERY busy this week with eleven move-outs in the next few days and who knows how many new occupants coming.

And I don't want someone from the staff coming over to see what I'm talking about and an excess cat possibly not hiding quickly enough!

Thanks very much! I'm working hard at getting stuff together and am hoping for the best with it all.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

They wanted everything but my heavy furniture out of the room. This meant bean bag chairs, floor lamps, any chair but the sofa, coffee tables, and they wanted all the books off of my bookshelves. In the bedroom there wasn't as much. Just a clothes hamper, nightstands, and an atique trunk I had in there. I also had to move all of my son's things, like his computer and computer desk, wrestlig ring (toy, with action figures, and some decorative crates (but he helped with that, it was his room. I slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room). It was in the summer months, too. Not fun!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Okay, that's what I was afraid of.. Thanks, katladyd.

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I just got a call from Dr. Patel (surgeon)'s nurse. In my pre-surgery tests yesterday the EKG had some abnormality. So now I have to see my primary care doctor who is to decide whether I am fit for surgery now or need to have more tests.

I called Dr. Shore (primary care doctor)'s office, have an appointment to see her Thursday.

So the surgery may be postponed regardless of what's going on with the apartment!

Then again, maybe all my anxiety and distress over the apartment and cats stuff affected the EKG. My blood pressure reading was really high yesterday, and it's been excellent forever.

It seems us old ladies run on the same path, Pat. A few years ago I was scheduled for knee surgery to repair torn cartilage, and it got cancelled the day before I was scheduled because of an "abnormal" EKG. The anesthesiologist flat out refused to put me under until I was cleared by a cardiologist. So many expensive (paid by Medicare) tests and procedures and a couple of months later, I was released. And the diagnosis as to what was "abnormal"???? - nothing - not a thing was wrong - just the way some people's results show up. So after carotid artery and abdominal aorta ultrasounds, stress test, echocardiogram, more EKG's, cardiac catheterization, and then repeats of a few of those, I was released for the knee surgery. But by then, I just said the heck with it, and I've never had it done. But a least the test results are on record for any future surgery - and it came in handy to have available when I had the back done in May. At least I didn't have to go thru all that b.s. again.

So good luck on your doctor appointment on Thursday - and may your "abnormality" just be a fluke -like mine was.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks, Ellie. I guess they can't be too careful. I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow.

Death thought about it.