Thread: Marvelous Neellah Maine Coon

Marvelous Neellah Maine Coon

Fun when we have a cat that lives where its breed is from, and Neellah - her name started as Carnelia - is a Maine Coon living in Maine!

We enjoyed reading about and seeing Neellah and hope you all do, too! She is a beautiful kitty, and looks every inch the classic Maine Coon, at least if you don't have anything to compare her to! She’s so small, she’s just a scaled-down version! It is sad that she had to make the move to her mom's son's house instead, but we completely understand both taking in the friend’s cat when she died, and then wanting a peaceful existence for everyone when Nicky became so obsessed with Neellah. It sounds like she has a great new home now, and that must be comforting, as now everyone is happy - both humans and all four cats in question.
    I've Been Frosted

Neellah the comforter kitty

Neellah, I also enjoyed your story, you are a beautiful and special kitty. I'm so glad your Mom made the decision to make you happy and comfortable even at her expense. You enjoy your new home and big windowsills!!

Good morning, and thank you so much for choosing Neellah as today's Cat of the Day!

Neellah is very happy with Tripawd and me (you can read more about Tripawd here: http://catoftheday.com/archive/2013/March/03.html -- she was COTD on March 3, 2013). Tripawd isn't overly enthused about having a new housemate, but I think she'll adjust eventually. She gives Neellah plenty of space and doesn't pick fights with her, so that's definitely a good thing!

Even though it has been more than a year since my beloved Mr. Mackee died (read about him here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...13#post2369513 ), I'm still utterly heartbroken and think about him several times a day. Neellah is a very loving and affectionate kitty, and she is softening the sting of that grief.

Dearest Neellah, what an utterly gorgeous Maine Coon kitty you are! You are stunning, with your long fluffy FLOOOFY fur that looks so soft to the touch, and your sweet face with the long white whiskers and the big pale-green eyes so full of love. I wish I could reach right through the screen over to Portland to pet you.. and Zephie, Nicky, and Tripawd (and Mr. Mackee Angel at the Bridge too)! Well, since I can't, I know your loving and beloved humans, and the Angels, will pet you all for me .

What a lovely story you have to tell here of all the love and rescues your family has shared in! I loved reading Tripawd's and Mr. Mackee's web pages too. You kitties are all blessed with wonderful Purrrsons, and they have been blessed with the treasures of your love and Purrrsonalities. What delightful love-filled homes you all share!

Congratulations, darling Neellah (and Zephie, Nicky, Tripawd, and Mr. Mackee Angel) on being chosen today's Cat(s) of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, both here and at the Rainbow Bridge, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations to you dear Neellah on being COTD. What a beautiful and special girl you are. You're very lucky too, having been blessed with not just one, but two loving homes. We enjoyed seeing your photos and your story was very special. It must have been so hard for you Meowmie to make the decision to have you move in with her son. She obviously loves you very much and wanted the best for you. Now it seems you are very happy living with him and Tripawd. We also enjoyed reading about Tripawd and Mr Mackee. Undoubtedly Mr. Mackee is looking down with love from the Rainbow Bridge today and is proud of you and very glad you are there with Tripawd to take care of his special Purrson.

Hope you enjoy your special day of celebration and international stardom dear girl. Best wishes to you and your whole family. May you be blessed with many happy years together.

Blog Entries
    Neellah is just the prettiest little girl! Glad she has so much love in her life, I'm a huge fan of hers 4 sure. Excellent COTD!

Oh, beautiful Neellah! I agree with what Moonkitties already said, how wonderful that you have TWO loving forever homes! Now you are with Tripawd and your person, having a chance to look out of the windows and watch all that's going on. You are a very gorgeous girl with your long, fluffy fur and your green eyes! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Neelah's Mom did the right thing!

You did the right thing! I had a professional animal behaviorist tell me that an aggressive cat can always be taught not to attack; but a victim cat cannot cannot be taught how to not be a victim. Cats are opportunistic critters and will attack a victim. No matter how good the training of an aggressive cat, if a victim cat is in the living space there will always be discord. A victim cat will always be a victim cat. My "victim cat" blossomed after the aggressor cat went to her new home

Hi there, VERY special Nellah, aka "fluff muffin!" A very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweet baby girl! What a gorgeous MC girl you are, Nellah! You're a ringer for my girl, Mollie! No big surprise to learn that the deal was sealed, that you captured your human's heart, on Mother's Day! You're every fur mom's dream child! And while I know how difficult it was for your mommy to share you, it's clear she did what was best for all, healing a wounded heart (your heartbroken daddy) and wounded spirit (Nellah). And after all, while she may not be with you in body each and every day, forever and always you and she will be family!

Great thanks to your mommy for sharing your beautiful self, your inspirational story and all of those heart melting pics with us, sweetheart! Meeting you has truly made my day! You are one very special girl, Nellah, and so very worthy of your extra special Sunday honors!

Hope you and your daddy and sibbie Tripawd are enjoying a very a happy, extra special day of celebration, sweetheart, and here's to many, many more wonderful years of shared love for you and both of your families! Love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Nellah!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a wondrous story of love. Beautiful girl, Neellah.

Thanks for all of your kind comments!

I forgot to mention that you can read more about Nicky (Nicodemus) here: http://catoftheday.com/archive/2011/May/12.html

He really is a wonderful cat; he just plays WAY too aggressively with girls.

And be sure to check out Zephy, Neellah's adopted brother: http://catoftheday.com/archive/2010/January/14.html

We have Two Maine Coons, Mickey Fluffy Tail a mix , and Sydney ChristiOfur a Maine Coon who at none months is a s big as my Grown Cats.
    They are both such Cuddlers and are fast Friends.

You are so beautiful Neela, we are so pleased to make you a Found Cat Hotel Friend.

We are sending a Giant Sized Found Cat Hotel MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Cat and Pal of the Day Nifty Neela.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a beautiful Maine Kitty you are, Neellah. Congrats on being COTD!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana