Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your pet sign greeting cards?

Does your pet sign greeting cards?

I usually only have my calico cat, Julie, sign when we write to others who have cats, or who know and love Julie. And I have one neighbor who just sent me, same as she does every year, a Christmas card addressed to Julie and me with a loving message to both of us inside. Cracks me up because we live in the same apartment complex, yet my neighbor puts a stamp and mails the letter so it will come to me through the post office!

Happy Holidays to all from Martha and Julie!
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Sure they do!
    We get Christmas cards sent to us, and our cats & dog And we send cards from us and our pets

She has me do it for her. That's why I'm her secretary!

In my whole family, we NEVER forget the cats and dogs (my parents have a dog, my sister has 2 dogs and 2 cats, my niece has a cat and I have 2 cats). I have a colleague that saves the cards until the cats come in from the garden, because then they have paws that can sign . She puts the cards on the floor, so the cats have to run over it!
    I sometimes have my doubts whether people are going crazy all over the world, but the results of this poll made my day: I feel safe in community where 2/3rd of the pets sign greeting cards. And this is serious!

Yes... our turtle is even very fond of making his own signature.. just give him a tray of non-toxic finger paints and a card..

Usually we add paw prints in our cards for our pets.
    Titania

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
    --John Muir

Clockwise from top left: Alice, Myrtle, Moo Shu, Griz and Nando

I sign them Staci, Keegan and Kylie and on some of them I have a paw stamp that I use throughout the year on various cards.
    I love the ones I get that are signed to Staci, Keegan and Kylie or the ones that are too Staci and Family!!!
    On some of the ones I wasn't sure if people would appreciate the names like that I just signed 'Staci and the Critter Crew'.

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Well , They do not help actually , ....
    But I write their names on every card I send !!!!!

my mom takes care of the xmas cards but i don't think she includes mickey in them. although, when my cousin sent us a card, she signed it to the family plus mickey.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I sign our cards with Fister's name on it to people who have pets - and to our vet! This year I was actually thinking of getting a real paw print form Fister, but that's a bit of a handful!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

We use a cat paw print stamp for Dudley, and a rat paw print stamp for the rats. We write their names, small, under the stamp.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I usually sign my name and Cassy and Livvy... unless it's to friends that just don't get 'fur-kids'. I haven't heard what Mom and Dad thought of their card... It was sent to Gwamma and Gwandad from their furry gwandcats!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

yep Misty signs her name and she always on the cover too with her antlers in front of the tree and all the christmas decorations up!!!!!!

Late "addition"

This may be a little late...but I'm just exploring the site and would like to add a perspective that is odd in my circles but might be common among the subscribers here. My college friends often send me pictures of their children in their holiday cards. Honestly? I appreciate them, look at the pictures and look for semblances to my friends...then throw them in the trash can. I don't know those children!!

Personally, I won't send a Christmas card piture of just my cat...Next year, I'm going to get a picture of my BEAUTIFUL cat...and ME! I want to see pictures of my friends...our dependent beings, two, four, six, or a hundred legs...will never be the joy of others like they are for us.

My brother is new to the cat world. Two furballs have recently charmed him. He signed his Christmas cards, and so did his two new feline roomies. He's retired Navy...it's so sweet to see the mushy cat-loving side of him!!

it's hard to!

Last Christmas, I tried...their signatures always get messed! I press their paws in the painting, then try to prevent them to get onto the carpet!! They ackked when their paws got wet...tried to get their pawsprint asap but always get smudged! Guess I'm not good at it...!

Does anyone have suggestion(s)?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

we usually sign the greeting cards for the pets and sometimes draw a paw print next to them.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~