Thread: Why Dog Treats?

Blog Entries

Why Dog Treats?

For many of us, our dogs are our constant companion. They serve as our antidote to our stress, anxiety and other burdens in our everyday lives. That is why we took care of them like they are an integral part of us and our family. We try everything to make them healthy like us so that they can be with us longer and enjoy each other’s company. We took time choosing the best for them like our own children. Taking them to the vet to check and maintain their being. Comfort them by making them feel secured in our homes. Feed them healthy and nutritious food to make them lean and fit so that they could move free and active as they are. And most importantly loving them for they certainly have been loyal and affectionate to us. As part of the process of our interaction with them and aside from feeding them their regular meals, we give our dogs rewards and treats for their loyalty and specifically making and bringing joy to us. Dog treats can either come in the form of a toy or a food treat meant for them. There are basically a lot of dog toys they enjoy and one can grab one from anywhere. From a stick in the yard to a 'Kong' doll from a pet store. But a great healthy alternative to treat your dogs are the so-called 'dog treats.' Unfortunately, only a handful of those commercial dog treats are worthy on their nutritional value needed by your dogs.

Do you give dog treats?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
    For many of us, our dogs are our constant companion. They serve as our antidote to our stress, anxiety and other burdens in our everyday lives. That is why we took care of them like they are an integral part of us and our family. We try everything to make them healthy like us so that they can be with us longer and enjoy each other’s company. We took time choosing the best for them like our own children. Taking them to the vet to check and maintain their being. Comfort them by making them feel secured in our homes. Feed them healthy and nutritious food to make them lean and fit so that they could move free and active as they are. And most importantly loving them for they certainly have been loyal and affectionate to us. As part of the process of our interaction with them and aside from feeding them their regular meals, we give our dogs rewards and treats for their loyalty and specifically making and bringing joy to us. Dog treats can either come in the form of a toy or a food treat meant for them. There are basically a lot of dog toys they enjoy and one can grab one from anywhere. From a stick in the yard to a 'Kong' doll from a pet store. But a great healthy alternative to treat your dogs are the so-called 'dog treats.' Unfortunately, only a handful of those commercial dog treats are worthy on their nutritional value needed by your dogs.

Do you give dog treats?
    I do not currently have a dog, but keep a box of good treats around, and a few in a ziplock in the car, in case I run into a cute dog, or one in need of help that a treat might help facilitate. The family dogs have always gotten some treats, but depending on the dog, a chink of carrot or a watermelon rind was way more exciting than some scrap of brown stuff from a box!

And don't get me started on Freckles (the Saint Bernard) and a corn cob!
    I've Been Frosted

My dogs get plenty of treats. They get carrots, sliced apple, sliced raw sweet potato and sometimes green beans as well. I also use Plato's Farmer's Market Grain Free Salmon and Vegetable treats. I think my dogs eat a higher quality of food and treats than I do!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I do not currently have a dog, but keep a box of good treats around, and a few in a ziplock in the car, in case I run into a cute dog, or one in need of help that a treat might help facilitate. The family dogs have always gotten some treats, but depending on the dog, a chink of carrot or a watermelon rind was way more exciting than some scrap of brown stuff from a box!

And don't get me started on Freckles (the Saint Bernard) and a corn cob!
    That's so generous of you Karen to give treats to dogs not your own. I simply adore your idea and I wish many people especially those who do not own dogs will follow your deed. Dogs are such adorable animals that can easily be cared and loved too.

As for me, of all those I've tried, Milkotein Dog Chews and Bites does amazing wonders to my dog. He certainly gets to be more active, his coats gets more shiny and bright, His alert level increases as well as his resistance from diseases and other regular canine conditions. Much fresh smelling licks that his regular wet food. Got stronger teeth. Maybe because Milkotein as it was written on its label is made with the highest level of protein: 77%. It is long lasting because my dog enjoys eating the bar for days. It is basically as hard as a 'bone' but definitely without the risk chipping or breaking as the dog bite. This is very important because those chips could cause choking or indigestion that could later be fatal.

This is not about advertising nor just any dog treat, but Milkotein is definitely more than just a reward and treat to your dogs. It's a healthy habit in between their meals and feasts that is does amazingly great nutrition for our dog buddies!
    What’s another great about Milkotein is that you can order this yummy and nutritious treat online thru their official website: paraspets[.]com

[Note to the Website Owner & Moderators: I do not mean disrespect in posting a link. It was just for information purposes so I would not repeat or appear like spam for those who wanted info about the product.

You can always PM me for details about my posts. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
    [Note to the Website Owner & Moderators: I do not mean disrespect in posting a link. It was just for information purposes so I would not repeat or appear like spam for those who wanted info about the product.

You can always PM me for details about my posts. Thank you.
    Not a problem! by posting it as you did, it doesn't raise any red flags. And you obviously love you doggie, so will fit in fine here!

What kind is he?
    I've Been Frosted

Interesting web site. Says they are made of milk, and lime juice.

I see they compare to Himalayan dog chews. I used to get those; then Willy cracked a tooth on one, and the crack went below the gum line, so the whole thing had to come out. I never bought them after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Interesting web site. Says they are made of milk, and lime juice.

I see they compare to Himalayan dog chews. I used to get those; then Willy cracked a tooth on one, and the crack went below the gum line, so the whole thing had to come out. I never bought them after that.
    Hmm, it does say the can be hard chews or, " soft, crunchy and cheesy microwaved puffs" - that would eliminate the tooth-breaking hazard!
    I've Been Frosted

Himalayan chews also come in the microwavable sort. Tried those once, could not get the hand of them. Thy were either rock hard or burnt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What kind is he?
    Thanks Karen.

Me and my family had the opportunity to raise 4 lovely dogs: 1 Labrador and 3 Golden Retrievers. I recently lost one, Chuchay, our Lab. He got escaped from our gates and have never came back. We never chained our dogs and let them wander around the house and lawn. We did a community wide search but to no avail. I just thought he has gone with a she dog and started a family somewhere. Our oldest one is Happy, a Golden Retriever he was with us for over 15 years before leaving us when one day got sick and just died peacefully while sleeping. Left were Bocha and Woody, 3 years and 1 year old. Both are happy guard and play dogs in the house who are like little kids like my grandson. So active and full of life. They ALL make our lives so enjoyable and fun. Never a dull moment with this wacky family team.

I haven't overcome my mourning yet with the loss of our 2 dogs but life goes on. I hope I can overcome the grief, so that I can share affection to another canine. I hope. Friends have been urging me to raise one again even offering me newly born pups. But my son was so affected too that he wanted to try another type of pet. (I think he is still in withdrawal with the memory of our pets. But dogs or not, I am always welcome to any kind so long as I can house 'em inside our little home.
    :P