Thread: What's your Dog's Favorite toy?

What's your Dog's Favorite toy?

I've asked Angel this several dozen times. I hold two toys in front of her and she stares at them like she can't decide which one she wants. And then she just walks away like she's frustrated. What does your dog do when he/she wants to play?

When Angel wants to play, she KNOWS which toy she wants to play with, and normally hands it to the person she wants to play with. I'm not sure she knows what to do when someone asks HER to play, however.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    When Angel wants to play, she KNOWS which toy she wants to play with, and normally hands it to the person she wants to play with. I'm not sure she knows what to do when someone asks HER to play, however.
    But what if it is in the middle of play?

Hee hee - I would think she's try to pick up both! She's got that wide bully grin ...
    I've Been Frosted

We know she turns her brain off during play, otherwise she'd notice when she smacks her head on the coffee table worrying her rope!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hee hee - I would think she's try to pick up both! She's got that wide bully grin ...
    The thing is, she has stuffed two tennis balls, into her mouth. At the same time.

My two little girls like stuffed animal toys. LilGirl's fav toy is a stuffed dog called Bumpy. When I tell her to go get Bumpy, she usually does. Now Sissy is destructive and will tear up a stuffed toy within hours. Fairly recently I took a long sock and stuffed it full of pieces of cloth and tied a knot at the end so Sissy would have a stuffed sock. She loves that thing... always has it either in her mouth or lying close to it and she has not torn it up... yet.

I don't usually decide which toy to play with. Whichever of my guys who wants to play (at that time) chooses the toy, and not always the same toy. Then, the others, regardless of rank in the Pack, want to play with that toy too. Then, my Alpha Female Becca takes possession of it, and brings it to me for play. The others skirt around us, waiting for an opportunity to grab the toy, and lead in the play. This happens most commonly in direct interaction like Tug-O-War or Fetch. Unfortunately Becca is not the fastest one in the Pack, having to deal with a very rambunctious Jr. Male (Ichabod), and a female Chihuahua (Navi) who can successfully compete with any Whippet I've seen so far. My Alpha Male Sneakers rarely participates, and proudly watches the activities from the sideline.

I always respect the Pack Protocol...
    Letting Becca possess the Toy at the end of Play.
    The Yorkshire is a Matriarchal breed.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    We know she turns her brain off during play, otherwise she'd notice when she smacks her head on the coffee table worrying her rope!
    Angel always makes me laugh!

Lolli's all-time favorite toy is her Kong, the black rubber kind. It's the only toy I've found that she can't destroy. However, I bought her a toy on clearance once that she really liked, but the lawn-mower got that one It was cloth-covered something, with a rope on the end.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers