Thread: Dexter & The Cushion

Blog Entries

Dexter & The Cushion

My neighbor had a kidney transplant last week. I have been dog sitting his dog Dexter. We have a regular schedule set up feeding, watering, & exercise. Dexter went off water & food a couple of days, but has adjusted. The other day he bought his dads cushion from off the wheel chair & had it laying by freezer near the house entrance. I think he was missing his dad, & did not chew the cushion which was good. I put the cushion in a kitchen chair & pushed it up to the table. Dexter & I had some dog physcology 101 the other day, time to be petted & talked too. His master & friend will be gone a month & this is week one.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

It was very sweet and thoughtful (and a tiny bit sad) for Dexter to bring his master's cushion near you. No doubt he is missing his human very much. It must be stressful and confusing when a dog's human disappears for awhile. Hopefully all goes well with the kidney transplant and his human will return home in a month. Now that will be one happy reunion, won't it? Good Luck with Dexter; it sure sounds as if you are doing a good job with him.

BTW Welcome to Pet Talk.

Aww, that's good I am sure having his Dad's scent nearby is comforting to him!
    I've Been Frosted

I think Dexter is a very lucky boy to have you to take care of him till his owner recovers. Hope things continue to go smoothly
    for you both in the meantime.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt