Thread: Sneezing?

Sneezing?

So I first noticed the cat has been sneezing a little, now Clover and possibly Zeke are sneezing a little too. Any ideas?

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    So I first noticed the cat has been sneezing a little, now Clover and possibly Zeke are sneezing a little too. Any ideas?
    Do you have a very high pollen count in your area suddenly? It sounds environmental, as cats and dogs do not typical share illnesses!
    I've Been Frosted

It could be something to do with my basement. I've been spending more time here lately so of course so is Clover. Loki doesn't seem to have any problem at all though...Is there anything I can do to help her?

Any mold in the basement? That can make folks sneezy!
    I've Been Frosted

Given I'm not a Vet, I'm not sure if I should mention this...

But, Benadryl (for humans) is also given to our guys as well.
    I had a conciliation with my Vet, and he told me to just buy it over the counter.
    I had to half the 25mg tabs, to accommodate the weight of the animal.
    So, if it's any value, that was 12.5mg per 10 lbs. (all my guys are pretty hefty)

You might just call your Vet and ask if it's ok, and how much (mg) for your guys.
    Anyhow, it does the trick when my guys get sneezy.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

She's also been doing the...I think it's called...reverse sneezing? Like she's having trouble breathing for a minute, like gasping.

The (so called) reverse sneezing may be related...
    Usually that's caused by a slightly closed Trachea, (swelling) possibly due to the other related allergic issues. ie: what we might call a "stuffy nose".
    I know that just in mentioning the Trachea causes us to be quite alarmed, but, that doesn't mean that they are doomed for a collapse. Both of my Females (a Chi and a Yorkie) do this occasionally, and have for quite some time (years) now, with no apparent worsening.
    Besides the Benadryl, a fix may be just as simple as changing to a better A/C Filter.

We don't have A/C. There must be mold around somewhere I guess. I just recently started spending more time in the basement so there must be something down here. Though it never bothered her when she was a pup

I just thought of something. I recently changed the cats litter to crystal stuff. I think Clover got into it at some point. I wonder if that could be causing the sneezing?

There are SO many reasons for allergies, and most of them are caused by airborne particles.
    At one time, I too didn't have A/C, and used (still have) a stand alone Air Filter, which circulates and filters the air. Any number of "density" Filters can be used in those things. I put it on a Timer, and used it in my Bedroom at night. Started the time about a half hour before bedtime, and really helped me sleep better. But, I've used it in the Living Room watching TV, and even after a rather smoky meal had been prepared
    They're portable so...