Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Robin Williams

RIP Robin Williams

While watching tv tonight, I was absolutely shocked to hear of Robin Williams' passing. Even though I remember him most from Mork & Mindy, he appeared in several movies and tv shows including a few roles on the "Law and Order" franchise. The roles he played to perfection were varied - comedy, drama, thrillers. Sometimes he was a villian, sometimes the hero, and at times he was the psycho.

Robin, you have given us so much in the name of valued entertainment. Thank you and rest in peace. You'll never be forgotten.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Rest in peace, sir. Your struggles with depression and addiction are over at last, but the laughter and comfort and joy and tears you brought to us all will be your most lasting legacy. I hope you find peace indeed.
    I've Been Frosted

I just heard this story on the news- how incredibly sad. 63 is not old. My first experiences with Robin Williams were on "Happy Days" and then "Mork and Mindy". That was when every kid I knew was running around saying "Shuzzbutt" and "Nanoo, nanoo". In college my roommate had a copy of his "Reality What a Concept" album that we listened to over and over again. "Aladdin" is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies and I think "Mrs. Doubtfire" is my favorite of his films. RIP Mr. Williams.

"You're only given one little spark of madness; you mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was just stunned. His poor family! He gave us all so much to laugh about, and so much to admire in the different roles he played in films.

Here is a photo gallery of some of his roles: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...iams-1.1955497
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thinking back, there are TONS of characters he played.....

I wasn't a fan fan, but I really enjoyed him in the World According to Garp. He was perfectly cast in the movie.

------------------

He made me 'nervous' when I saw him do talk shows. I wanted to hear him talk about his upcoming roles or projects, but he would always drift into some kind of character/voices during the interview.

Years ago someone said that comedians use comedy to deflect the pain in their lives - I saw that in RW and wondered what kind of demons he fought during his life.

He was one of a kind.

The shelter where I volunteer does a calendar each year with photos of celebrities with their animals, or just a rescued animal for the photo shoot.
    Ironically, this month featured Mr Robin Williams. Usually, it will state the person occupation (eg. actor, race car driver). If you'll notice what it says next to Robin Williams name.
    I hope the pic isn't as large as it appears in my preview after I post it.
    Name:  Robin W.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  1.04 MB
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a shame. Depression is such a cruel thing. You are with your mentor, Jonathan Winters, yukking it up for the angels, with a whole mind.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Taz, what a wonderful picture! It IS big, but Robin was larger than life!

I think you know this, but a "bunch" of pugs is called a grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Taz, what a wonderful picture! It IS big, but Robin was larger than life!

I think you know this, but a "bunch" of pugs is called a grumble.
    Yes he was larger than life!

I guess he has two Boston Terriers and a Pug of his own. Apparently, Leonard Bean was just a rescued pup used for the photo.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I was sorry to hear that Robin Willilams had died. No doubt his depression got the best of him and he must have been very miserable in his life to commit suicide. I sure wish he could have gotten the necessary help and/or meds to fight his depression and alcoholism. Too bad he couldn't cope with whatever was bothering him. I'm old enough to remember Mork & Mindy and his other characters. Sad.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Such a shame that he is gone. He had everything to live for - such a great talent - funny, compassionate, serious, generous. So sad that he couldn't find peace of mind, for he was relatively young and had so much left to share with the world. My favorites ~~~ Mork & Mindy, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Viet Nam.

Rest in peace Robin Williams. You made the world laugh, and now they cry at your sad demise.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

kaycountrygal - Robin went through medical treatment - rehab, medications, the lot - for his whole life. Depression is like any chronic disease - for some people, it is manageable. For others, it gets very serious and sometimes medication-resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    I was sorry to hear that Robin Willilams had died. No doubt his depression got the best of him and he must have been very miserable in his life to commit suicide. I sure wish he could have gotten the necessary help and/or meds to fight his depression and alcoholism. Too bad he couldn't cope with whatever was bothering him. I'm old enough to remember Mork & Mindy and his other characters. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    kaycountrygal - Robin went through medical treatment - rehab, medications, the lot - for his whole life. Depression is like any chronic disease - for some people, it is manageable. For others, it gets very serious and sometimes medication-resistant.

His death is tragic, but I hope it will take some of the stigma off of depression and other mental health conditions. He's a man who spent much of his career making people laugh. I agree with Pomtzu, so sad he could not find peace of mind. What a way for his life to end.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

So sad. :cry:
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

15. Im not what one could consider a fan-fan of his but did love his characters in a few roles. he was a very talented man.
    i had no idea he was struggling with depression so i too was shocked to see see his passing on the news. he always seemed so bubbly when ever i watched any interviews he was involved in.

RIP dude