Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belle has joined our flock

Thank you Bonny, Ellie and Elyse.

Progress! We walked at the farm this morning and AGAIN this evening (it is going to pour tomorrow, so I need them tired, lol) then I sat out in the back yard this evening and gave them each a marrow bone. Belle dug in, she enjoyed hers. No idea if she ever had one before or not.

Soon after she lost interest in her bone, and after a short poke about the yard, Belle came over to where I was sitting and put her front paws up on my leg! I was practically holding my breath as I picked her up and sat her on my lap. Initially she kept her front paws on my chest, legs straight. After a good 5 minutes, she turned and settled in my lap. She is so much smaller than the others, she fit FINE! (Willy THINKS he is a lap dog, but he doesn't fit, lol). She stayed quite awhile, though I could feel her shake and shiver now and again. Eventually she jumped down. HUGE step! But all on her terms, in her time.

You are making huge steps very quickly. It's obvious she knows you are a good Hu-mom!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

This morning just after 6 AM, Belle came up the stairs onto my bed. After sitting down at the foot of the bed for a bit, she moved up to where I could reach her.

I had been told she needed 3 to 4 days, she is right on schedule!

Oh she also has had a good sniff all around the back yard, and her tail is now up at least half the time, maybe more.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wonderful news, Sandie. She obviously is starting to feel quite secure with you and her surroundings. Makes one wonder more about her past owners, for sure. Not saying they abused her - just didn't give her the patience and understanding that she wanted and needed.

Smooches to you, pretty Belle , and of course to Tasha , Willy , and Riley .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ellie, they said it would take her 3 to 4 days to adjust. They said she slept on the bed with them. She is very nervous around new people, and in new situations.

I'm finding their description is accurate, and I am relieved as once she is fine with me we can more easily work on training.

WOW---giant steps for Belle. I knew she would feel safe and secure once she "watched"the goings on. She must sense that you are her haven from the storm, no harm will come to her, only good things from now on. So glad you took her in, I'm sure she's in the perfect forever home... thanks for caring for these cute little white Fluffs Freedom.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This morning just after 6 AM, Belle came up the stairs onto my bed. After sitting down at the foot of the bed for a bit, she moved up to where I could reach her.

I had been told she needed 3 to 4 days, she is right on schedule!

Oh she also has had a good sniff all around the back yard, and her tail is now up at least half the time, maybe more.
    Yay, Belle! This makes me smile !

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Smooches to you, pretty Belle , and of course to Tasha , Willy , and Riley .
    I am sending some too , and gentle lovies for the kitties as well!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you all for looking and commenting! Especially since it was all words, no photos, lol.

I have added new threads with more pictures.

This little is sooooo in the right place. With your patience and training she will be one of the pack before too long.

Congratulations Belle! You've hit the fluffy lotto!

Thanks Robin. I was amazed to learn she is just 7 pounds! That is Maltese size, lol. Willy is 19 pounds 12 ounces, and Tasha and Riley are both between 15 and 16 pounds.

Belle, Willy and Riley across the back of the sofa, and Tasha on the cushion. Copied from another thread.

Belle doesn't look to me like she is much smaller than Riley or Tasha. I am sooooo glad she is settling in with the others! Belle, when mum isn't taking your picture, you can look out of the window and see interesting things- leaves, sometimes rain falling, and maybe a squirrel or bird visiting the yard. Your mum once told me that Bichons like to be UP! You figured it out!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

12. I love your fuzzbuckets ^^

wow what a difference. can tell shes starting to feel more relaxed an part of the pack already.
    is she starting to romp around with the others just yet?

Kirby pretty much fell right in to the pack once he was coaxed out of his crate trotting around an sniffing things. tiny but brave booger he was

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Belle doesn't look to me like she is much smaller than Riley or Tasha.
    Hmm, yes, she is. Willy weighs 20 pounds; Tasha and Riley are both between 15 and 16 pounds (Tasha is slightly more than Riley). Belle weighs barely 10 pounds!

And shoulder heights: Willy is 11.5 inches, Tasha and Riley are 11 inches, Belle is barely 8 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I love your fuzzbuckets ^^
    is she starting to romp around with the others just yet?
    Oh my yes, in fact you'd think she'd lived here much longer than a week! Today at the Farm, she darted and chased all around with our friend Skippy, AND she raced with Bear and Yogi. Skippy is a small dog, about Willy's size. Bear and Yogi are both part black lab, so they are big boys! She came home very tired, but happy. She has also done a blitz in the back yard a few times in the past 3 days.

14. Wow thats awesome an good to hear! better look out,, that 10pounds of fuzz maybe the new ruler of the roost LOL ^^

Thanks, Vette!