Thread: Watermelon Thursday #597.

Watermelon Thursday #597.

I am a little busy with some house stuff.

Come in and grab a drink, The ORC is tending bar.

I will be back to straighten things out.

----------

Ask him for a breakfast scramble!!!

Done!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I read in another thread that Angel pup and Ramanth's Chipper like watermelon rinds. I like watermelon, so I've brought some. I've read that people make preserves out of the rinds, but I'll happily offer them to Angel pup and Chipper if their people approve. My great aunt used to make preserves, but I remember it being a lot of work- washing and sterilizing the jars, cooking the preserves and then filling and cooling down the jars. ORC, is there a pot of decaf brewing? I'll start one.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I read in another thread that Angel pup and Ramanth's Chipper like watermelon rinds. I like watermelon, so I've brought some. I've read that people make preserves out of the rinds, but I'll happily offer them to Angel pup and Chipper if their people approve. My great aunt used to make preserves, but I remember it being a lot of work- washing and sterilizing the jars, cooking the preserves and then filling and cooling down the jars. ORC, is there a pot of decaf brewing? I'll start one.
    I had to LOL about the watermelon rinds....I had a terrier/shih-tzu mix with a huge set of whiskers on his face.
    He would wait for a rind, scrape all the good stuff off and when he looked up, all his hair was plastered to his face.

Let me refill your cup!

Done!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Angel would be your friend forever for a piece or two of watermelon rind, and her humans (tall and short) have no objections.

They do make excellent pickles.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Angel would be your friend forever for a piece or two of watermelon rind, and her humans (tall and short) have no objections.

They do make excellent pickles.
    I love the way they scrape the rind and I do like to watch them eat. Good times!

When I had watermelon after church today, I thought of this thread, so retitled it! Thought of you, Angel, and Chipper tooo - but I am guessing watermelon rinds do not mail well!
    I've Been Frosted

I love watermelon, unfortunately my IBS does not so I cannot have it anymore. But here, at the bar I can have loads, anyone want a slice?
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I love watermelon, unfortunately my IBS does not so I cannot have it anymore. But here, at the bar I can have loads, anyone want a slice?
    Yes, please - one with seeds, then we can have a seed-spitting contest!!!
    I've Been Frosted

Has anyone tried making watermelon wine? When I was in a line dance demo team many years ago we had a special dance called the "Watermelon Crawl". What a phun time that was.

Cold watermelon and some iced tea please. Sorry none of that sweet tea...too sweet for me. Thanks.

Have a wonderful week ahead everyone.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Watermelon wine? Never tried it, though we're going to probably try making peach brandy shortly........

Slick, Angel and Patch have agreed to a temporary truce if you'll agree to be a temporary lap. It gets warm under the pile of animals, but it is comfy.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Ok all, let's line up for the watermelon seed spitting contest. Karen, you're first. Slick sit back and enjoy, here's a towel for any spray.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Pickled watermelon rind (aka-watermelon pickle) is a treat! I'll bring some for everybody to try!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Pickled watermelon???? Not sure about that one, but I'll try.
    After a long hot dry spell, it's still hot, but cloudy and extremely humid. Found a million recipes for watermelon wine on the internet. Hmmmm, might try that someday.

Feeling OK these days but have multiple doctor's appointments coming up.

One giant Long Island Iced Tea please oh and yes, I'll take a cat or dog or two on my lap.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well, if it's our goofballs, you'll wind up with Angel across your chest and Patch on your legs, with both of them plying you for attention.