Thread: Myndi - a year without her

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Myndi - a year without her

It doesn't seem possible that one year ago today, my sweet little Myndi left us. Sometimes it seems like she was here just a few days ago, and other times it seems like an eternity.

I'm so grateful that she was bright and spunky up until just a few hours before she left. Just the previous day, she posted one of her silly, drama tales in the Fuzzbutt Journal. I think she knew it would be the last, and she wanted all that read it to have a chuckle and grin to remember her by. Not even I knew where she was headed later that day. But.......

She was very old.
    She was very tired.
    She was ready to move on....

I watched helplessly and with my heart breaking, as throughout the day, she started slipping away. The once spunky, sassy, bright and sharp-minded little girl was shutting down, until all that was left was just a mere flicker of the brightness that had always been Myndi. She was restless and confused, and aimlessly paced the floor as if wanting morning to come, so that Mom and Dr. Annie would help her one last time.

And morning did come and she became very calm, tho not really aware of her surroundings - like she was ready and anxious to take that next step. At 9:55 a.m. while laying snuggled on my lap and me speaking softly to her, Dr Annie released Myndi to the angels that would guide her on her journey to Rainbow Bridge, and that grand reunion with her brother Sparky.

I held her for a long time after, before I could bring myself to leave without her. The short drive home seemed endless, and the house was eerily silent and empty when I walked back in. Myndi was a gem and there will never be another like her.

So my dear little Myndi girl ~~ sleep softly, play hard, and be happy ~~ until we meet again. I love you and miss you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

{{{{hugs}}}} She had heaven on earth with you, Ellie.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, we are sure she is doing her patented Myndi dance in heaven, and sending you Pommy kisses!
    I've Been Frosted

Now you got me to crying. What a lovely sad sweet remembrance of your little girl Myndi. I understand your still missing her. I often remember my RB babies and get emotional. They sure tug at our hearts, don't they?

It doesn't seem like a year. They never really leave us do they? Always on our mind.

We remember dates and talk about them without even thinking.

I'm sure Myndi and Sparky are having a grand time at the RB.

(((hugs))) to you Ellie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    {{{{hugs}}}} She had heaven on earth with you, Ellie.
    Thanks Candace. I hope she was as happy as I always tried to make her.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, we are sure she is doing her patented Myndi dance in heaven, and sending you Pommy kisses!
    Yes Karen - I can still see her hopping along behind my son as soon as she saw him come in the house. The old legs didn't work the way they once did, but she had her own funny little bunny/kangaroo hop, and she had no problem "running" after someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Now you got me to crying. What a lovely sad sweet remembrance of your little girl Myndi. I understand your still missing her. I often remember my RB babies and get emotional. They sure tug at our hearts, don't they?
    Aww Kay - I didn't want anyone to cry - I've done enough for everyone these past few days. They are always in our hearts, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    It doesn't seem like a year. They never really leave us do they? Always on our mind.

We remember dates and talk about them without even thinking.

I'm sure Myndi and Sparky are having a grand time at the RB.

(((hugs))) to you Ellie.
    Thank you, Annette. And of course they never really leave, and we carry them forever in our hearts. I'm certain that she and Sparky are quite a team at RB. I got a big smile on my face today, as I pictured Sparky going nutty and doing his crazy "welcome zoomies", when he saw Myndi walking across the Bridge toward him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I thought of Myndi the minute I turned the page on the calendar. That was such a lovely tribute to her and I'm sure she is with you today to help ease the loneliness. It's so natural for us to remember them forever, they give us so much love and never judge us.
    Myndi had the best life possible with you, she knew your love and felt it every minute of every day.

Bless little Myndi and Sparky for choosing little Wolfy to keep you company till you all meet again.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Lovely tribute, Ellie. {{hugs}}