Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Transportation issues aka my life just got 1,000 more difficult!!!

Oh, a new fun (NOT) wrinkle has been added. I called to schedule a trip for next Thursday morning at 8:30 am. Now we have to schedule the time we want to be picked up to come home too. I told her in an hour. She said no that she now needs the exact time!!! I told her well, that depends on when I get out there because sometimes they pick up other riders. Nope still MUST give time to come home. So I told her 10am.

That means I'll have to have my list made out in advance for sure and rush from one end of Walmart to the other to make sure I get what I can and get checked out to be ready for the bus to pick me up. Since that will be pay week for lots of people, Walmart will be busy and since I walk with a cane, it takes me a while to get from one end of it to the other. BARF!!!!!

I am waiting for all this to get in place before I send my letter to BOSS MAN's BOSS!!! They keep insisting this is the way it works for the other lines they manage and they have had no complaints. Well, so sorry to spoil their record but they will be getting one from me!!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Oh, a new fun (NOT) wrinkle has been added. I called to schedule a trip for next Thursday morning at 8:30 am. Now we have to schedule the time we want to be picked up to come home too. I told her in an hour. She said no that she now needs the exact time!!! I told her well, that depends on when I get out there because sometimes they pick up other riders. Nope still MUST give time to come home. So I told her 10am.

That means I'll have to have my list made out in advance for sure and rush from one end of Walmart to the other to make sure I get what I can and get checked out to be ready for the bus to pick me up. Since that will be pay week for lots of people, Walmart will be busy and since I walk with a cane, it takes me a while to get from one end of it to the other. BARF!!!!!

I am waiting for all this to get in place before I send my letter to BOSS MAN's BOSS!!! They keep insisting this is the way it works for the other lines they manage and they have had no complaints. Well, so sorry to spoil their record but they will be getting one from me!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!

If you get any response to your complaint on the online newspaper, you might want to give other interested people the BMB address!

GO GET 'EM, SISTER!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hi MoFF, Reading about your transportation problems made me think a bit. You might want to consider contacting someone at the address below about getting help with this deplorable situation. Should you contact them and they say they can't help, be sure to ask if they know who can:

Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
    New England Building
    503 S. Kansas Ave
    Topeka, Ks. 55503-3404
    1-800-432-3535
    [email protected]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi MoFF, Reading about your transportation problems made me think a bit. You might want to consider contacting someone at the address below about getting help with this deplorable situation. Should you contact them and they say they can't help, be sure to ask if they know who can:

Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
    New England Building
    503 S. Kansas Ave
    Topeka, Ks. 55503-3404
    1-800-432-3535
    [email protected]
    I agree with this tact. I think you need to take things to a more regulated source. We have a service in MD called MTA Mobility if you'd like to look up and compare services. I believe they have 24 hour notice as well, but the other restrictions I think are too stringent. It just might give you leverage to have info from comparable services. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! After chatting with my favorite bus driver, the one who was rehired, I am hoping things might get better. He said he has been talking to Boss Man and seems to think he is really trying to do a good job but just wants everything done his way. So, I will wait a while.

When I asked if they had decided on how many tote bags we could fill at a run, he told me it's still a work in progress. The entire thing is a work in progress he said. It's more the not being able to take my cats to the vet and go with them, and the problems with scheduling a return home time in advance and the cost, that has me most bummed out. Well, plus it's a pain in the rear trying to get things I need home.

I have a nice young guy (ok he's two years younger than me) coming to get a list of the canned goods I want to stock up on and things on Wednesday like potatoes and sugar. Those are hard for me to get home on the bus unless I just need a can or two. Too heavy for me to carry in a tote bag. He has several others he shops for. I just hate having to rely on someone else to shop for me. sigh

I was expecting part of my Walmart shipment to come today. The tracking said it was picked up by Fed Ex. It was supposed to come today but it's after 4 now so I expect it won't come now until Monday. It's just these little things all add up and irk me no end when it was so much easier to just be able to go myself and bring it home.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Try contacting that place in Kansas and see if they can help.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda