Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Transportation issues aka my life just got 1,000 more difficult!!!

More Transportation issues aka my life just got 1,000 more difficult!!!

The bus saga in our town continues with an upsetting turn for me.
    July first a new out of town co took our bus under their wing so to speak. All of July we had issues with them. They have a young, still wet behind the ears, boss man who won't listen to anyone. It's gonna be his way or no way.

I guess it all hit the proverbial fan Friday and he fired all the regulars from our bus line. Some people had to wait 3 hours for the bus that day. Now he wants us to go by appointment only. Must call by 11 o'clock to get picked up the next day. We may schedule rides up to a week a head though. Too bad for you if you are not on the scheduale and need to go some where.

They will deffinately NOT help anyone on or off the bus or with packages or anything. I assume if we fall down they will still call for help for us.

No loads over 40 pounds. Heck my 4 bags of kitty litter I get at a time fill that quota. Sorry cats, you don't get to poop I guess. After I got home I did order 3 of their big bags of food (16 lbs bags) plus some wet food from walmart to have shipped right to me. They don't do their size of litter bags though.

Absolutely NO PETS on the bus even in carriers. So my cats will never have a way to see their vet. My vet sometimes will send someone to pick them up if she has someone free. So, if we have an emergency, she could come pick them up but I would not be able to get there until the next day or even the day after if they didn't get sick before 11 am when I could could call and get on the next day's schedule.

I am so mad and so sick right now I can not even see straight. Just what I need while I'm battling bronchitis. It took a week to get out to Walmart to get my med. THANKS A LOT BUS BOSS MAN!!! NOT!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

How terrible! Letters to the editor in your local paper, and cc to town/city hall. Sounds like the people in your town, particularly the seniors, need to get loud about this, and let people know it is NOT acceptable!
    I've Been Frosted

How awful!

I second Karen about getting the word out loud and clear.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I had to go to the post office this morning. So, I had it scheduled like a good girl!!! They have new rules now:

Starting Sept first you can only bring home what will fit it two canvas shopping bags. All rides must be scheduled at least a day ahead. One bright thing is that one of the drivers they fired has been rehired. At least I'll see a familiar face.

So, I called BOSS Man and had a chat with him.
    Did not do any good. He told me 1. they are a general transportation service not a shopping service.

2. he manages the transportation in other towns the way he is going to run ours. I told him I bet they all have taxi services or other ways for people to get around, right? He hesitated then said well, a couple of them probably don't. I said well everyone there must be lucky enough to have family or friends to haul them around but I don't and neighter do some others. I pointed out that the bus is my ONLY means of going anywhere.

3. if we want to buy bus passes we have to TAKE THE BUS and go to the senior center who used to run the bus and buy them. I pointed out that would cost us an extra stop (which is $3 a stop) and lots of seniors did not have extra money for that. I did win that point. He said he will instruct the drivers not to charge us for going there to get a pass. However, we still need to schedule that stop a day ahead.

He did say I could schedule as many trips to the same place as I want each day as long as the bus is not already booked for that time. Great!!! I can now pay 12 dollars to get less than I could get for 6 dollars before he took over.

That's where we stand right now. I have heard rumors that our bus board who got us into this mess is chatting with HIS boss to see what can be done because they are not providing the service they promised when they took it over. So, I wait and see and hope I don't have a stroke in the meantime.

My blood pressure is in the danger zone today and I'm so dizzy. Can't get to a dr though. Did not schedule it.!!!

I did call my vet's office. She said if/when the cats need to see her she will send someone to pick them up and bring them home. So they can see the vet. I just can't go with them because it WON"T BE on the stinkin schedule.

I did place an order with Walmart on the net for their food and litter. It will be delivered to my door. They have free shipping on orders over $50. It takes longer to get here though so I paid for standard shipping for it to come this week. Oddly, the shipping was cheaper than taking the bus!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered it Monday. One of their food boxes just got here.
    Pray for us PLEASE???
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

You will certainly be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

This is just awful. I'm so sorry you and the many others in similar circumstances are being deprived of this essential service and then subjected to this patronizing treatment when you speak up about it. You certainly have our prayers.

I'm glad they are making these accommodations in your vet's office. At least there are some decent people in your community!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I found a guy who will do shopping for me if I need him to. I remembered seeing his ad on the banks ad board 2 years ago. I remember him from school. He was a grade behind me. I called him and he still runs errands and charges 10 dollars a trip. That would be 4 more than a bus trip but still would be better than nothing.

If I had the money, I would seriously consider suing the new manager of the bus for discrimination against seniors and people who depend on the bus for survival and poor people because now I'm gonna have to find money I don't really have to just keep my already low standard of living!!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    If I had the money, I would seriously consider suing the new manager of the bus for discrimination against seniors and people who depend on the bus for survival and poor people because now I'm gonna have to find money I don't really have to just keep my already low standard of living!!!!!
    Call local lawyers, see if anyone would take the case pro bono, you never know!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wow - what a mess. I hope you can get some positive results - just holler loud and long - and get everyone you can, to holler right along with you. The masses can usually get much better results, than one lone person.

I guess I'll think twice about complaining about the price of gas the next time I need to fill up my car. I should just be grateful that I have that car to get into and go wherever I want, whenever I want.

Hang in there and know that I'm thinking positive for you - if that helps any.........
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I now have the mail addy AND the email addy of Boss Man's Boss! I will start writing a letter soon. I want to take my time and have everything in it I want to say before I email it. Usually, I react then wish I had added something else. Might not be any good but at least I'm gonna spoil his "not complaints" record he seems to think he holds.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

After all this mess started, I ordered some food and stuff on line for the cats. The last of the order came today. It came in three boxes. I was amazed to see one man come up my three steep front steps carrying 3 big boxes. Each box contained a 16 pound bag of dry food and one of them had a 32 pack can of wet cat food in it too.

I am so amazed that one guy could carry all of that. I had my curtains open and saw him actually carry them!!! Now what to do with the boxes? I can take them apart easily and put them in trash bags and in the trash but in the mean time my cats are having a grand time playing FORT in them.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wow. Food and play things all in the same delivery - now that's a real bargain.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Well next week is when the new bus rules officially take place. They finally put a notice on the on line paper about it.They told how we now need to schedule rides 24 hrs in advance. Odd though not one word was mentioned about how they will now limit the amount of things we can bring on the bus.

Well you know I just had to point that out! So in the comment section I posted: One thing that was omitted and riders need to be aware of is there is now a limit on the amount and size of things allowed on the buses. I will now have to order the majority of my groceries on line since my life will not fit into the two tote bags allowed and the bus is my ONLY means of transportation! I cannot afford to make a dozen trips toget what I used to get in a few trips each month.

I thought about adding more but figured that should give them something to chew on for now.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Good move! Save the rest for later!

Did you ever get that letter mailed to the boss's Boss?

Fingers crossed for things to work out great!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It's outrageous they're going through with it. There's gotta be others who have protested. Did you write to the papers?

Everyone over sixty should have free transportation, like in England - or at least half price! Over here, we get half price once we pass 65.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.