Thread: An Aggressive And Violent Dog Was Sentenced To Death, But This Goose Changed Everything.

An Aggressive And Violent Dog Was Sentenced To Death, But This Goose Changed Everything.

Before meeting the love of his life, Rex was in trouble. He was an old dog with a shady past, resulting in aggression issues. He was going to be put down, even though his behavioral problems wasn't his fault.
    Rex spent his life chained up in a scrap yard. He was likely abused before being taken in by the Puriton Horse and Animal Rescue facility in Somerset, England. As a result, he became an ultra-aggressive canine and wreaked havoc on his previous shelter and other animals in his way...but that all changed when he laid eyes on Geraldine. Geraldine, a goose, was like Rex and had a history of aggression issues. She been abandoned by her previous owners when they couldn't handle her more violent goosey-tendencies.
    After Rex and Geraldine met, they became fast friends. Now, because of their relationship, it's been smooth sailing for these abused animals.

When they first saw Rex take notice of Geraldine, employees were concerned he was out to pick a fight.

"They just fell for each other." Explains Puriton owner, Sheila Breslin.

The unusual duo spend their days cuddling and playing together.

Breslin says, "They snuggle down together and Rex puts his leg over her to protect her."

They also enjoy nice romantic strolls through the woods!

Two peas in a pod.

(via One Green Planet.)
    Looks like Huey Lewis was right, the power of love is a curious thing. Now, the two will live out their days in peace and friendship at the shelter. Sometimes, we just need someone who will understand our problems, even if they can't fix our problems. Rex and Geraldine are proof of that.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, what a great story! Thanks for sharing!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Candace. What a wonderful story! I think Rex and Geraldine recognized each other as kindred souls.

God bless them both, and God bless the fine people of the Puriton Horse and Animal Rescue for giving them both shelter and then the chance to find each other.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pretty heartbreaking when I first checked the story out but couldn't ask for a better ending... they both found what they needed, real caring and companionship--love happy endings.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

That is amazing, awesome and beautiful!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)