Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good thoughts requested please....

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    He and I napped together yesterday and it was so wonderful to feel him snuggled against me and to listen to his purr....
    Aww, how sweet!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad he's doing better. If he'll put up with it you might want to consider home blood sugar testing.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

good thoughts requested please --UPDATE!!!!!

My big boy is amazing! He is now off of the insulin! His diabetes has gone into remission (if only that could happen in humans!)!!! We are going to retest him about a month to see where we stand but this could end up being a permanent thing. So he is off the insulin, he is off the tummy meds, and he is only taking one of the seizure meds! Love him!!!!!

Such good news, great to hear! I know some humans can lose weight an exercise enough to get off the insulin, so it is great your kitty is off it now, too!
    I've Been Frosted

HOORAY!!! This is AWESOME news!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

GREAT NEWS!!!!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's wonderful! I'm so glad for Zingo and you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh my goodness! I've been through similar once with my Dad, who is also diabetic. I am so sorry you and Zingo had to go through this. It is such a scary thing to witness in another being!

Now he is home and that is likely the BEST medicine -- being with you, being in his routine. Prayers from RI.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oh my goodness! I've been through similar once with my Dad, who is also diabetic. I am so sorry you and Zingo had to go through this. It is such a scary thing to witness in another being!

Now he is home and that is likely the BEST medicine -- being with you, being in his routine. Prayers from RI.

So am I, I was diagnosed almost 34 years ago...when Zing was diagnosed I told him "No problem, we can take our shots together!" I have had some low sugar episodes, my husband has become quite good at just looking at me and knowing that something isn't right...fortunately nothing as severe as what Zingo went thru...

And if I am not mistaken the blindness they thought he had, IMO, has cleared up as well. He is certainly good at chasing the dot and playing with his string....

Great news Zingo