Thread: good thoughts requested please....

Hybrid View

good thoughts requested please....

My baby, my big orange boy, Zingo was diagnosed with diabetes January of 2013. We have been doing ok with that...until Wednesday night. Not sure what happened but his blood sugar dropped way too far and he was out of it, twitching, not responding. We called the vet who did a phone consult and told us to get some kero syrup into him. Ok we did about 6ml...the twitching stops for the most part but there is definitely nobody home...then he has 3 seizures...11pm we take him to the emergency vet, arriving a little after midnight. I walk in carrying him wrapped in a blanket, he has his head thrown back and his little tongue hanging out...they honestly thought he had already passed...they grabbed him to start treatment...it took everything I have in me to not grab him back and just hang on. His blood sugar was so low it didn't even register when they tested it. They started an IV and admitted him...it is now Friday and they still have him. The grand mal seizures have stopped, he is now having what the doc is calling partial seizures, facial twitches from the way she described them. They are putting him on a low dose continual seizure med, hoping to get those controlled. Then wean him off that tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Because of the big seizures he had, his sight is gone at this time. She thinks that will correct itself once the seizures are controlled. His blood sugar is back to about where it should be, a little high from what she said but that is better than low....I have cried so much in the past 48 hours...please keep him in your thoughts. I told him if he felt the need to leave me to go ahead...I'm hoping he comes back to me....

Oh poor Zingo - and you. I hope he will get all better so you can have him a long time yet. Do you have any idea what caused i?

Sending lots of good thoughts - and hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You and he will be in our prayers. That must have been so scry for all of you!
    I've Been Frosted

We are sending along our prayers and good wishes and warm healing energies and loving thoughts. Poor Zingo, and poor you! It sounds like he is getting excellent care. May he indeed come back to you.

Hugs and warm energies and thoughts to you, too.

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers that Zingo comes back to you - major PT prayers.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Purrayers that Zingo comes back to you soon.