Thread: Summer so far

Summer so far

How has your sumer been so far this year? We are having cooler temperatures, which I love, and have not had a lot of prolonged heat yet. Hard to believe summer almost halfway over! I like the cooler temperatures, but Paul would much prefer 85°F than 75 - which we have now!

And do your pets like the hot weather, or prefer cool?
    I've Been Frosted

We had a late spring here, but have had more frequent hot spells than last summer. The weather people were predicting a hotter summer than usual for this area, so I guess they know something we don't!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We've had a heat wave here for most of July... unbearable and difficult to sleep. AC is not commom over here. They have recorded the second warmest summer, since they started recording it. Today and yesterday has been bearable, but we are supposed to get more heat next week.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Since we never really had a winter this past year, this summer is hitting us hard too. It's been close to the 100s here lately.
    I got away from it and went to Tahoe for a week and it was still unusually warm up there too. Along with hail and rain storms.

The cats are shedding TONS due to the heat. The dogs are ok. They have a pool in the backyard and Zoee takes full advantage of that. Taggart thinks it is just a LARGE drinking bowl.
    He'll get in if we coax him, but otherwise he just drinks out of it.

I really wish there was a system in place to bring water from the areas that are flooding and have horrible weather out to the West where we are having drought issues. So bizarre!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Since we never really had a winter this past year, this summer is hitting us hard too. It's been close to the 100s here lately.
    I got away from it and went to Tahoe for a week and it was still unusually warm up there too. Along with hail and rain storms.

The cats are shedding TONS due to the heat. The dogs are ok. They have a pool in the backyard and Zoee takes full advantage of that. Taggart thinks it is just a LARGE drinking bowl.
    He'll get in if we coax him, but otherwise he just drinks out of it.

I really wish there was a system in place to bring water from the areas that are flooding and have horrible weather out to the West where we are having drought issues. So bizarre!
    Yes, when we were driving in a sudden downpour that was flooding Storrow Drive in Boston the other day, I thought of all you who are facing drought, watched all the cars who had to pull over because most of the underpasses and onramps were flooded and thought - everyone would be happier if half this rain went to California instead!
    I've Been Frosted

Most of our summer has been ok in central NC where I live. We've had and continue to have a "hot spell" followed by "a cooler spell". For instance, last week we had 90's. This week we are in 80's or 70's (70's are unusual this time of year) but it is supposed to be HOT 90's again next week.

As for the animals, Annie outside dog always digs out a place to stay cool. I've run the a/c nearly day since late April due to heat and/or humidity. I dont think she cares if it's hot or cold. It's on now and it's 71 outside with rain.

LilGirl gets cool with the a/c so I keep her covered with her blankie. When we go outside on a sunny hot day, she just lays in the sun and soaks in it. She prefers hot weather. In the winter when we're outside and after she's done her bathroom, my b/f picks her up and puts her in his jacket.

Sissy has thick hair & I don't think I've ever seen her cold even in snow. She pants in hot weather & I'm sure she prefers a/c and cooler weather..

George I think prefers to be in one of the warmer rooms but I'm not sure. He spends time in all rooms. Who knows with Georgie? If he has had one of his running/fighting moods, then he gets hot LOL.

For me, I don't think I could make it without a/c and to think that I grew up in an old house that only had a window fan! I think maybe we or at least I am spoiled by modern conveniences.... love a/c. I prefer cooler weather to hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post

Oh how I wish we could do that! Plenty of water to send you! Too much rain this summer!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Very warm here too! I have a pile of ironing waiting for me, but I just cannot do it!
    First because my back is achting really bad lately , and second because it's over 30°C in the room where I use to do the ironing
    All I do is hanging in my couch, with a fan in front of me......

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Very warm here too! I have a pile of ironing waiting for me, but I just cannot do it!
    First because my back is achting really bad lately , and second because it's over 30°C in the room where I use to do the ironing
    All I do is hanging in my couch, with a fan in front of me......
    Aww, Lut - sorry to hear your back is bothering you! Heck, summer clothes are meant to be wrinkly, right? It's the fashion!
    I've Been Frosted