Thread: NFL: You can't be serious

NFL: You can't be serious

Someone got some 'splainin to do.

Ray Rice gets a 2 game suspension for KOing his fiancee/girlfriend/wife.

His now wife, in a scenario that should be familiar to anyone who's been around someone in an abusive relationship, apologizes for getting her dear husband into the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...enced-goodell/

First, what the hack is it with the Ravens shielding felons?

THe Red Sox have run players out on midnight trades for similar situations, as they knew there was no way in hades the player could ever appear in Fenway in peace again. The Patriots cut ties with Mr. Hernandez as soon as his little issue became known.

Second, how is this "discipline"? Players have been suspended 4 games for selling college memorabilia, a year for multiple positive marijuana tests, 6 games for taking fertility drugs without notifying the NFL, ad nauseum. GO ahead and beat your wife, but don't get caught breaking NCAA rules or smoking an increasingly legal drug.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Stephen A Smith, talking head of the ESPN network caused a real stir when he spoke about this last week....
    he is a total jerk and apologist for RR - one of the female hosts on the channel took him to task about it and it prompted him to do a taped apology before his show.

-------

The team probably would have paid him to sit out one game........but they defer to the league to make the HUGE decisions regarding the big picture.

This was a fumble for the League.

SaS (his initials should REALLY be rearranged) is WHY I stopped listening to ESPN during my morning commute. He is a race baiter, point blank. He's also an apologist for any athlete accused or even convicted of wrongdoing.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    SaS (his initials should REALLY be rearranged) is WHY I stopped listening to ESPN during my morning commute. He is a race baiter, point blank. He's also an apologist for any athlete accused or even convicted of wrongdoing.
    I think you are being kind in calling him a 'race baiter'. He's a racist AH that seems to think that the 'system' is out to get his guys...

I had to laugh at his lame attempt to answer the woman who took him to task about his comments. The moron sent about 7-8 tweets in a row to try to explain himself.

They should offer an 'entrenching app' for cell phones.

A handle you can use to dig yourself a deeper hole with the darn thing? It's a slow process doing it 140 characters at a time....moron.

And ESPN makes the NFL's punishment of the original twit look harsh in comparison:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...h-air-one-week

Off the air (not suspended, just off the air) for a WHOLE WEEK!

Next they'll stamp his employee's cafeteria card "No dessert".