Thread: And in other news, water is wet.....

And in other news, water is wet.....

According to a scientific study by UC San Diego, dogs can feel jealous!

Why spend money to prove something ANY animal owner can tell you from firsthand experience?

Study: Dogs can feel jealous, too

(CNN) -- Sure, Fido is a brown Lab. But inside, he may also be a little green.

New research suggests that dogs can exhibit jealousy, a human emotion usually ascribed to squabbling siblings or the jilted third of a love triangle.

A study by scholars at the University of California, San Diego found that dogs showed jealous behaviors when their owners displayed affection toward an animatronic stuffed dog that barked, whined and wagged its tail. The dogs snapped at and pushed against the stuffed dog and tried to get between it and the human.

This may come as no surprise to any owner of multiple pooches who has seen them jostle for space on someone's lap. And it's not unusual for people to assign human feelings to their dogs, whose baleful eyes seem like deep pools of emotion when compared with those of, say, cats.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/25/living...ml?hpt=hp_bn11
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Wow, you'd think I'd have noticed having always had multiple dogs.

Maybe researcher's could find something better to spend money on.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Wow, you'd think I'd have noticed having always had multiple dogs.

Maybe researcher's could find something better to spend money on.
    Maybe next they will "discover" that dogs can count, or that old dogs often turn grey on the muzzle, but not always!
    I've Been Frosted