Thread: Meet Cerise!

Meet Cerise!

I have a 20 gal tank I was trying to sell on CL, but it wasn't moving. So with some assistance from folks in my local Tropical Fish Society, I removed the old hood and made a sliding glass top for it. Next thing I know, there is a local fish store with a big clearance sale (they had a fire and need to sell everything so work and begin, to make them bigger and better) and I have my 'old' tank set up again.

This time I went with black - substrate and background. They had this gorgeous red beauty for $1.50 so I got it (reason for 'it,' not him coming right up!). They claim this is a female? I've named Cerise - not very original for a red, I'm sure, lol.

I got new driftwood, lots of little plants, one bright red fake plant (could picture it in the tank and knew it fit perfectly with this new set up!). And then I picked up some neon tetras for tank mates at PetCo. I wanted cardinals, but the neons were on sale, so I got those. I had 6 but one died; replace that and in 5 hours THAT one died. I need to return the 2d dead one this morning. OK here are the pics!

(Sorry camera lens did not open all the way)

Best close up I could get so far. That fake green and red plant I had already, pulled it from another tank of mine. The bright red one in the far back corner is the new one. All those little plants (3 banana plants and 3 something else) were 3 for $1!

I DID clean the front glass before taking the photos; apparently, I need to work on the INSIDE of the glass, lol.
    Thanks for looking!

Aww, I recognized the neon tetras instantly! Such sweet little fishes they are!
    I've Been Frosted

Hello Cerise! What a nice mansion you have there!!

Thank you both! It's been fun setting this up with a different theme.

Cerise has a pretty name and such a cheerful, bright color!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678