Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cat Snot

Quote Originally Posted by pickled78 View Post
    Your deluded, to say a snotty nosed cat is happy and not bothered by his condition shows your bond and unspoken communication skills with him are warped and clueless, the senses of taste and smell are the most important to felines, they smell their food and if they cannot smell they dont eat! amongst other important factors concerning those senses.

Do any of you actually dig deep and research any of the pets you own?? or do you assume you know all there is to know through diluted 2nd hand / third party myths and and no personal effort to educate yrself 1st hand?

Bet you state how you love your animals whislt gorging on plates of buthered meat produced from heards of terrified animals slaughtered along with their young children..lamb? dear oh dear
    Now there, pickled78, Digi is a long-time member here, and has been a responsible pet owner for a very long time. Her username is based on her rescue pup who she prepares special food for, as the dog has food allergies.

Just because a creature -0 cat or human - is sniffly does not mean they are miserable! I can only speak to my own experiences as a human with allergies - when I was a sniffly kid I was perfectly happy with life most of the time, using extra tissues didn't bother me. My asthma was more bothersome, but now, as long as I take my medications, it is no longer an issue either.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Now there, pickled78, Digi is a long-time member here, and has been a responsible pet owner for a very long time. Her username is based on her rescue pup who she prepares special food for, as the dog has food allergies.

Just because a creature -0 cat or human - is sniffly does not mean they are miserable! I can only speak to my own experiences as a human with allergies - when I was a sniffly kid I was perfectly happy with life most of the time, using extra tissues didn't bother me. My asthma was more bothersome, but now, as long as I take my medications, it is no longer an issue either.
    Here is the blog I did of the whole thing with Digi. I still cannot read it as it upsets me to this day as I don't like thinking about that time http://digi-king.blogspot.ca/ I have to monitor Digi to this day as it still takes a tiny drop of anything that comes from a cow to set her off. Luckily I have learned how to spot the early signs of an episode coming on, so I'm able to prevent them from becoming anything more then a little vomit and some runny poop. I drove 4000km this summer for a week long vacation with dad. The dogs (Digi & Charlie) had the whole rear of the hatchback, as I converted it into a very comfy area, even with them buckled in (seats down). Spoiled rotten

I have to travel to a special butcher I built a relationship with, as they handle Digi's food with extra caution as they know how sensitive she is. Metro and No-Frills chicken is contaminated with beef. All this doesn't even go into what I had to go through to help Digi become mentally stable after her terrible neglect and abuse when she was only 5 weeks old! Took months and years working with her to turn her into the lovely dog she is now.

The kitten has been on antibiotics, seen 3 vets and it keeps coming back. They all ruled out Herpies too. So I came here to see if anyone else had a snotty cat, cause the ONLY info online is for Herpies. So far the diet change has helped, there is a difference. Its too soon to tell if the L-lysine is helping, as the whole point of it is to boost the immune system that causes Herpies to flourish, which also helps with the sinuses. I'm researching other immune system boosters to see if they are kitty safe too.

Is it too late to mention the turtle rescue and the insane amount of work and research we are always doing? lol :P

Its time to go stab 6 sick rescue turtles without getting bitten, and to catch the one that I can hear running about in the hospital room. I'm so happy she is finally well enough to move again. Poor girl hadn't come out of her shell in a week as she was in so much pain (meds only help so much) and sick. The older boy didn't make it. He was skin n bones and full of infections. His eyes had healed and he was eating, so we thought ther was hope. I'm sure it was his organs that gave out, poor guy.

The L-lysine is working! She's been sniffling and sneezing a lot less and there hasn't been any snot in days now. There is still a little snot in her sinuses as I can hear it, but even that is less often.

We're so happy to notice the difference! Hurray kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    The L-lysine is working! She's been sniffling and sneezing a lot less and there hasn't been any snot in days now. There is still a little snot in her sinuses as I can hear it, but even that is less often.

That's great, glad it is working for her!
    I've Been Frosted

I am glad the L-lysine is working for you. If it would make things easier the l-lysine is available in a powder form, so you can just mix it into the food. I get mine from amazon.com

I got some powdered lysine from the vet, but after I sprinkled some on their food the cats ate hardly any of it.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

it is available in different flavours, so if your guys are anything like mine ... the flavour of the month changes more quickly than every month

I mix the l-lysine into wet cat food. She's a bottomless pit, so I have had 0 issues getting it into her.

l-lysine is awesome stuff! I've also had good luck with adding FortiFlora to my snotty cat's food...it seems to keep her immune system in top form. (My snotty cat is snotty from herpes, so of course results may vary! ^_^ )

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post

YAY!!! I am SO glad to hear this!!! We tend to have favorable results with this in the viral kitties like I talked about in my first comment on here.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Some people are just rude, rude, rude. If you want to be heard, don't start insulting people, for crying out loud.

While there is a movement for less vaccines, your pets STILL NEED THEM, unless you're running titers every year... and titers DO run out, they don't always last forever!!!! I have yet to see a cat develop these symptoms from vaccines, as again a vast majority of them happen in shelter cats who were largely found on the street or owner surrenders because they have a large feral cat population, etc..... IE, cats who have most likely never been vaccinated.

Cat allergies do not manifest as sinus congestion. They just don't.

You CAN see sinus congestion with other issues as mentioned, like dental disease... but I'm sure if Digi's cat's teeth were *that* bad to cause issues like this, she would know.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    YAY!!! I am SO glad to hear this!!! We tend to have favorable results with this in the viral kitties like I talked about in my first comment on here.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Some people are just rude, rude, rude. If you want to be heard, don't start insulting people, for crying out loud.

While there is a movement for less vaccines, your pets STILL NEED THEM, unless you're running titers every year... and titers DO run out, they don't always last forever!!!! I have yet to see a cat develop these symptoms from vaccines, as again a vast majority of them happen in shelter cats who were largely found on the street or owner surrenders because they have a large feral cat population, etc..... IE, cats who have most likely never been vaccinated.

Cat allergies do not manifest as sinus congestion. They just don't.

You CAN see sinus congestion with other issues as mentioned, like dental disease... but I'm sure if Digi's cat's teeth were *that* bad to cause issues like this, she would know.
    Our rescue's vet (she sees all our pets too) is one of the best, as the OSPCA uses her for their animal cruelty case investigations. Her hubby works at the zoo, so I'm not worried she or the other 2 vets missed anything.

Gwen's mother & litter mates do not show any signs of Herpies, nor are any of them snotty. Gwen was in a small shelter/foster in a private home, not a city shelter. Gwen was born like this at that shelter. Shes lived with Pacasso for nearly a year, and he doesn't show any signs of it either.

We're just happy this stuff is working