Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renavast ~ Kidney health for dogs and cats

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Renavast ~ Kidney health for dogs and cats

Does anyone have any experience with http://www.renavast.com/ ?

Seems like if kitties live long enough, they all have kidney problems. Cammie-Cat is over 20 and is in kidney failure. Thought I'd start the 2 younger ones on something to help their kidneys before they get older.
    Waiting to hear back from my vet to see if he's ever heard of it or recommends it, but I thought I'd ask you guys too.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have not heard of it, if you want, I could check with my radio vet buddy ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I have not heard of it, if you want, I could check with my radio vet buddy ...
    Thanks Karen. No answer from our vet yet. So, I'd appreciate any input.

I've not heard of that either.

From my experience, one thing which will help prevent / postpone onset of kidney issues is to make sure the cat has plenty of fluid intake. Cats in general do not drink much water from a bowl / fountain. They are 'programmed' genetically to get all the fluids they need from their prey. So feeding juNow, st dry kibble is not a good diet (my vet recommended Science Diet kibble and that is ALL I fed for years. ) Now, I regularly feed canned / soft / wet food. I regularly boil boneless skinless chicken breast in water with some minced garlic. The cats get the breast cut up for breakfast daily. At noon, I heat the saved broth, and that goes on the dogs' food. A separate warmed bowl is set out for the cats, as a sort of 'baited water,' and they DO drink it up.

I did the sub q fluids here at home for 6 months with my first cat who had kidney disease. One thing you need to realize is that with that, the cat WILL be urinating uncontrollably all over the place.

Our favorite vet tech is researching Revavast. Our vet hasn't heard of it before.

Freedom hit on some good points. AND, most vets know doggie-doo doo about pet food.

Every am, I give all ten of my cats a smidge of wet food. A tuna sized can gets divided. And, I don't believe for a moment that gets enough water into them. But, for one of the cats, the one that does have signs of kidney failure, his is made into a soup. He drinks it. I also have a water fountain AND I leave my tub dripping. :-0 Yup. I know they drink from it as I see them in there all the time, there are wet heads all the time, and paw prints on the floor.

Cats don't prefer their food bowls next to their water bowls. I also have water out for them that isn't next to the food.

Let us know what you hear back from the tech!

In this post I had originally referred to a website that saw Renavast critical.
    Karen has asked me whether she could delete the link but I prefer to delete my post.
    I still think it is a valid website.
    Last edited by Barbara; 08-07-2014 at 09:55 AM.

The sanctuary where I volunteer has had very good results using Renavast on older cats with kidney disease. One guy, Billy, a very old cat that we all thought was heading into his last days, started Renavast and he started feeling a lot better. He went from we all thought he was dying, to running around chasing the other cats. His fur looked better, too. He stuck around with us for almost another year and a half. The ingredients are listed on the bottle. I definitely recommend it and would have your vet look into it further if you have questions.

Bobcat says the Renavast has arrived in the mail.
    He's starting Cammie on it today. I'm away at work but when I get home, we'll take Cammie in for a checkup and see if her numbers improve any.

Will keep you posted.

I wouldn't be so quick to print that blog to take to my vet. I am naturally skeptical and slant more on the science side as well. I surfed the net for as much info as I could find regarding RenAvast. I too went to that site. At first it appeared to raise a huge red flag about the product. Then something didn't smell right about what I was reading! First of all, it's a blog which is always suspicious. Second, this individual is anonymous. We have no idea who this is and what their background is. If you explore the blog, they bash everything. Even stuff that vets recommend everyday. Even products like Azodyle which vets have been using for a while for CRF. As far as the ingredients being hidden, not only do the online pharmacies have them, but they are on the label. Not to mention, I called the company and they sent me a label copy before I ordered with an online pharmacy. Here's a link to the ingredients; no mystery!
    http://www.heartlandvetsupply.com/sh...FZJbfgodQCkASQ
    Bio Health Solutions only appears to be a research firm as far as I can see. They don't even sell RenAvast. All sales seem to go through vet supply distributors to vets and pharmacies. This blog said that they heavily market. I haven't seen anything marketing wise from this company. It's all vet pharmacies doing marketing. Your vet should ask their distributor about the product. If you ask me, this blog is a fraud!

wow . . . .

I just now looked at that blog and I don't even know what to say. It hurts me that there cats who might be helped by using some Renavast but they aren't because somebody read that. I just know that Billy made visible improvements and was back his old self for more than a year and I'm so glad we gave him that extra time. I just asked the sanctuary manager if she still has a bottle of Renavast and she does so she took a picture for me. The ingredients are right there. I'm going to try to upload the picture Name:  2014-05-12 12.51.39.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  891.2 KB

The RenAvast Ingredients are Everywhere!!

I don't know who started this rumor that the RenAvast ingredients are "hidden". This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard! This drum needs to stop beating for sure. I checked with my pet pharmacy, VetRxdirect, and they have the ingredients listed as well http://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/v...FYlafgodBLAAgQ. I also found it on an Amazon site: http://www.amazon.com/RenAvast-Kidne.../dp/B00EWX3EQ8. As I mentioned before, the ingredients are on this site too http://www.heartlandvetsupply.com/sh...FYeUfgod-FwAtw. If you ask me, anyone that is claiming that Bio Health Solutions is somehow hiding the ingredients has an ulterior motive. And it ain't good! I already received my RenAvast and started using it. So far, Little Joe is eating it without hesitation. He is an easy guy so pilling his Azodyl has been easy too. By the way, the cost was really reasonable; not expensive at all! By the way Sam, could you post a bigger picture? Lol!!

Hee hee - at least no one can claim her picture is too small to rad the label!
    Hopefully Kuhio will let us know how Cammie is doing on it!
    I've Been Frosted

OMG I am so sorry about the size of that picture!!! I did not mean for it to be HUGE like that. If the Admins want to delete it, I will resize it and post it again. But um, yea there can be no mistaking that is a bottle of Renavast with the ingredients listed LOL. Hope everyone is well!

Quote Originally Posted by MindyAndSam View Post
    OMG I am so sorry about the size of that picture!!! I did not mean for it to be HUGE like that. If the Admins want to delete it, I will resize it and post it again. But um, yea there can be no mistaking that is a bottle of Renavast with the ingredients listed LOL. Hope everyone is well!
    Well...my baby had a check up and the creatinine has gone from 3.3 to 3.0!!!! Needless to say I am ONE HAPPY CAT MAMA!!! I need to go on the RenAvast facebook page and tell them how happy I am and go on some of the other blog sites so other cats can do as well as my baby is doing. By the way joe...that site has bashed almost every great product my vet has suggested. My vet said that most vets believe that site is somehow linked to a big phrama company that is trying to kill any good product except for theirs. I think if anyone has questions about RenAvast they should go to www.reanavast.com and email their customer service department. That is what I did when I had a question and they were great about getting back to me.