Thread: The early bird catches the.....no.......

The early bird catches the.....no.......

There are many animals that show up in the front yard and I always have front row seat to the show that they put on.

I have seen squirrels, cats, birds, dogs and the occasional possum......but today, nature put on a little drama that was akin to the adage "it's a cruel world out there".

------------

Because there is a park a block away, I get to see all kinds of animals that I would have never seen alone...and to see them interact by some fluke chance?

----------

There are two feral cats that the lady next door cares for. They have a nice porch, water and food put out for them.......They are nice, but a little elusive.

----------

As I sat looking at the wedding across the street at the church, I saw two birds dive into the shrub at the end of the driveway! One was a small wren/sparrow and the bird on it's tail was a little larger, a bird of prey?

There are hawks that fly around the area and I see them every so often, so I knew that the little bird wasn't long for the world..........

Not more than two seconds after the two birds disappeared into the bush, One of the feral cats ran in right behind them.

After another second, the hawk jumps out of bush, followed by the cat, with the bird in it's mouth!

The hawk flies up to the top of the lamp post and sits there, watching the ground for the cat - or another bird to possibly catch?

-------

I felt bad for the small wren/sparrow and laughed at the hawk and marveled at the cunning of the cat.....

The hawk stayed atop the lightpost for about 20 minutes - trying to figure out his next move - and then flew off in search of lunch??

The early bird may have caught the 'worm', but there is nothing like the speed, agility and grace of a cat!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Amazing the dramas that play out amongst us every day in the natural world, whether or not we notice them!

Paul once saw a shrew kill a baby albino garter snake on our lawn in Newton - the white flash of "ribbon' caught his eye in time to see the shrew drag it underground with itself.
    I've Been Frosted

I had a friend a few years back that was vegan. She thought it was cruel to eat poor, innocent animals and that man was the most heartless hunter of all. I showed her some youtube videos of just how "cruel" animals can be when they are hungry and "lunch" happens to cross their path. I told her I respected her being vegan if she was doing it for health reasons (which kinda make sense to me), but if she was vegan because she thought humans were "cruel" for killing animals, she had lost me. I invited her out for a burger after that. She declined.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

i told this story before....

My dad and I were watching some animal show where a pride of lions had taken down a animal for a meal.

I made a comment like, "Ugh, why didn't the group that was filming do something......"

Pops said something like, "Hey, they have to eat too......."

Point made and point taken!

I have found a few young birds and squirrels on my front yard Richard.
    I have the feeling that Ebony Beau Two and Terrance Jeffrey are experienced hunters , even though there is really noo need, and the little bodies are not eaten.
    They have a part in Our Awesome Eternal Angel Companions too in Paradise.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS