Thread: Florida Cat Dials 911 And Gets Adopted

Florida Cat Dials 911 And Gets Adopted

Zeke, the cat, apparently had enough of being at a homeless animal shelter. The clever cat got on the phone and dialed 911.
    According to ABC news, after 911 was dialed and no one responded to the dispatcher queries, the call was disconnected. But then the emergency worker called back to make sure there wasn’t a real problem.
    “We just got a call at 911 from this phone. Does someone there have an emergency?”
    “I don’t think so, let me check, this is Cat Depot,” said Lynn Rasys, an employee who had just returned from lunch.
    Lynn proceeded to check with all of the shelter staff to see if someone was in need of emergency help.
    But no one claimed to have dialed 911.
    The staff was left scratching their heads.
    Then one staff member noticed Lynn’s extension was lit, and thought it was odd since she knew Lynn wasn’t in the office. The staff member went to the office to investigate and there she found handsome Zeke lounging across the phone with the handset off the hook. He, of course, was blissfully unaware of the hubbub he had just caused.
    That is when everything came together and they said ”oh my gosh, we think Zeke called 911.” Apparently, Zeke, like many cats, loves to amble across keyboards and other electronic devices – and this time he happened to dial 911.
    But it is not the first time he has been mischievous with phone buttons. In the past he has hung up on callers and even dialed outside lines.
    Zeke’s fancy paw work proved to be successful this time. His quirky story was reported on the local news and then nationally. Shortly thereafter a family came forward who realized Zeke was one special kitty and took him home.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Smart kitty! Glad he got a home out of the Deal!
    I've Been Frosted

I saw the story about Zeke on tv. Thought it was great that he ended up being adopted.

Now that is one smart technological Cat!!
    I wonder if my Cat would call for take out.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You're one smart kitty Zeke!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla