Thread: Ooops, Flower is a.... *new pics*

Ooops, Flower is a.... *new pics*

BOY! SpiritSerpents came by tonight to take some pictures of Flower and pointed out that his skin is so pale that you can see his...er...boy parts just by holding him up to a light. I pondered changing his name for about ten minutes, but decided to keep Flower. I also fed him today....it took him a few minutes, but he did eat!

See the purplish spot?

So pretty! <3

Close up of his handsome face!

Watchoo doing?

He's got a nice marking on the back of his head.

So handsome!

"OK, I'm ready to be done now!!"

Aww, his name can stay as Flower! Remember in the original Bambi movie, he accidentally names the (boy) skunk "Flower?"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, his name can stay as Flower! Remember in the original Bambi movie, he accidentally names the (boy) skunk "Flower?"
    Aww, I hadn't thought of that!

Snakemama, I'm almost afraid to ask this ... but ... what did Flower eat? Did he also drink? I remember you once telling me that a snake only eats every few days. I like his white and pinkish-red pattern. Since he is so fair, will you do anything special for him? (Help him stay warm or keep cool, put him into or out of sunshine, things like that.) Will he always keep his light color? I wouldn't say I'm really a snake person, but I have sure learned a LOT about them from PT!

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Snakemama, I'm almost afraid to ask this ... but ... what did Flower eat? Did he also drink? I remember you once telling me that a snake only eats every few days. I like his white and pinkish-red pattern. Since he is so fair, will you do anything special for him? (Help him stay warm or keep cool, put him into or out of sunshine, things like that.) Will he always keep his light color? I wouldn't say I'm really a snake person, but I have sure learned a LOT about them from PT!

Thank you,
    Elyse
    At his size, he eats day-old mice. I bought a bag of 50 frozen (humanely euthanized) baby mice at the reptile show I worked at last weekend, which....may have been a bit much...I suspect he will outgrow that size before he finishes the bag, but if he does I'll give the remainder to SpiritSerpents. I haven't seen him drink yet, but I probably just missed it! He'll eat every five days at first, then I'll drop it to once a week once he's not so itty bitty.

Luckily, his pale skin won't necessitate any special care. I have a theory that pale-eyed snakes are more light-sensitive than dark eyed snakes, but I have no evidence to back that up. Both my pale and dark snakes get a heat mat under about 1/3 of their tank so they can move onto or off of it as they feel like it. He will change a lot as he grows...he might stay pale, or he might get quite pink. The breeder had a few other peppermints around his age who were much pinker than he is!

Here are two peppermint corn snakes.....same genetics, VERY different looks! I personally hope he stays nice and pale, but I'll love him no matter what color he turns out!

From Tom Thompson:

From Nanci of Snickersnakes:

Flower's gorgeous, what ever he/she is!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla