Thread: MH17 flight : so heartbreaking.....

MH17 flight : so heartbreaking.....

This is going beyond my belief.......
    all those people, this is really heartbreaking......
    This has got to STOP !!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9614303.html

Ps. only 4 months ago, we passed that region, before and after our cruise to Indonesia.......

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Any plane crash is tragic, but when a plane with innocent souls aboard is deliberately taken down, it goes far beyond just tragic. May all of these innocents somehow now find peace, and those responsible for this unspeakable act be brought to justice. Their life in the hereafter has already been determined, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Most of the passengers were going on vacation, to Jakarta, Bali, etc...
    There were so many people from the Netherlands on board; they were there to go and visit relatives, places from the past, etc.
    The reason is that Indonesia used to be a colony of the Netherlands. Last March we were there too, and one old lady told me that she was even born in Jakarta, and now she was going back to visit relatives, to go and see lots of things she remembers .

I can hardly find the words to describe this horror .....

Our hearts go out to wall the people of the Netherlands, such a huge loss for that country, and for Malaysia, and everyone involved.

Tragic, needless, but war always is.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Most of the passengers were going on vacation, to Jakarta, Bali, etc...
    There were so many people from the Netherlands on board; they were there to go and visit relatives, places from the past, etc.
    The reason is that Indonesia used to be a colony of the Netherlands. Last March we were there too, and one old lady told me that she was even born in Jakarta, and now she was going back to visit relatives, to go and see lots of things she remembers .

I can hardly find the words to describe this horror .....

Very tragic indeed. So many innocent lives lost forever. One aboard was a foreign born student who was studying here and is being remembered by many friends.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...?autoplay=true
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Among the passengers, were a group of doctors working on HIV...maybe leading to a vaccine or cure for AIDS. What a sad situation. One person had family members on both MH370 and MH17.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

As others have said, this plane crash was a horrible tragedy. It didn't have to happen; I am so sorry for all the people who died and their families. The news has mentioned some who died and I recall a grandfather with his three grandkids. He was flying them home... sad.. so sad. I hope those responsible are held accountable but it's so messed up that I don't know if they'll get away with it or not. A passenger plane was shot down into a war zone... just shaking my head. I imagine those who shot it thought it was a military plane. My mind cannot process that they knowingly shot down a passenger plane. Then again, that's what I first thought when 911 happened with twin towers. There are extremely crazy mixed up people in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Our hearts go out to wall the people of the Netherlands, such a huge loss for that country, and for Malaysia, and everyone involved.

Tragic, needless, but war always is.
    This is so sad. I didn't know that Indonesia had been a colony of the Netherlands. I heard on the news last night that the pilots were advised to use an altitude above 32,000 feet crossing the area, and they were at about 33,000 feet at the time the plane was hit. I did hear on the radio today that the victims' bodies are being transferred to Dutch authorities and the black boxes will be handed over to Malaysia for review. And that American people have been going into the Dutch embassy in Washington DC with notes and cards of sympathy. So very sad.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    This is so sad. I didn't know that Indonesia had been a colony of the Netherlands. I heard on the news last night that the pilots were advised to use an altitude above 32,000 feet crossing the area, and they were at about 33,000 feet at the time the plane was hit. I did hear on the radio today that the victims' bodies are being transferred to Dutch authorities and the black boxes will be handed over to Malaysia for review. And that American people have been going into the Dutch embassy in Washington DC with notes and cards of sympathy. So very sad.
    A train with the bodies is now on it's way, to where??? It had been waiting there on the rails, even abandoned !Nobody knows yet what will happen now.... What is so disgusting and sad, is that most of them lay there amongst all the debris for at least 3 days.....; Rebels, and people who lived in the neighbourhood, were walking there too, in search of .... ???
    Even the 2 black boxes where taken away and given to the rebels... ; I am afraid that lots of the proofs about what happened and how, will be covered up; We will never know.....
    How sad must this be for all the families who lost dear relatives in that tragedy...

There are 6 Belgian victims;
    Three of them were from the same famely, a couple with their daughter.....

This is all so.......

I typed "Dutch consulate Chicago" into Google. I didn't even know that there is a Dutch consular office in Chicago. It is right in the Loop. They will also be hosting a condolence registry for people here, like they're doing in Washington. I can't get to downtown Chicago during the day; I hope people who work in the city will take advantage of the opportunity on all of Chicago's behalf.

"The Netherlands Consulate General in Chicago will open a condolence register on Monday July 21 and Tuesday July 22. The public is invited to sign the condolence register from 10AM to noon and 2PM to 4PM. Those of you that are not able to visit the consulate in person are invited to go to the (Dutch language only) on-line register at: http://www.condoleance.nl/14875/slac...la-lumpur.html We wish to thank you for your support in this most difficult time."

Here is one in English too http://condolences.eu/register/Victi...mpur-6579.html.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678