Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Soccer World Cup 2014 in Brazil: Anyone planning to watch?

Soccer World Cup 2014 in Brazil: Anyone planning to watch?

Only 5 days from now, and the entire madness will start all over again. Anyone here looking forward to it? And if you do, which team are you going to support? As far as I'm concerned, I'm ready for it; my little flags are at my car, and watching my team defeating Armenia 6:1 last night was promising ... I'm hoping for a good time and many exciting matches.

Are Lilly and Luna also rooting for Germany? I do not know the teams well enough to know who else to vote for besides the American teams - and I am so much of a mutt ethnically that I cannot just choose Sweden or England or France or Ireland or ... you get the idea! I do have a friend who used to play at a pretty competitive level in Argentina - so I may be obligated to root for them, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, you could root for the US team, Karen, they're in the same group with Germany which is going to be interesting (especially as they are coached by Jürgen Klinsmann who is a former coach of the German team).

I will be watching together with my hobby and our son Jo!!
    Of course, we support............ Belgium!!!!!!
    I hope they will get to the next round; there are several very good players: Courtois, Lukaku, Kompany, etc....;!

BELGIUM FOR CHAMPION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Kirsten, the guys here do not believe in soccer, they believe in football and basketball
    And I cannot tell the difference between all three ( just kidding, of course I can: football has the big dresses, soccer players have bent legs ( in O-shape) and basket ball players are the longest).
    After this totally ignorant comment I go to bed....

I know that, Barbara, but I thought I'd give it at least a try and play the missionary.

Lut, good luck for the Belgian team!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I know that, Barbara, but I thought I'd give it at least a try and play the missionary.

Lut, good luck for the Belgian team!
    Hey:, thanks Kirsten! Our national team are called "The Red Devils" ! On the evening news we got videos of our Red Devils who are on a plane right now, flying over to Brasil!!

Hurray for our Red Devils !!!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

The English announcer for ESPN is a jerk. He was complaining about the opening ceremonies for the game yesterday. He couldn't be bothered with the pomp. He just wanted the game to start.
    ------------

It's a whole month of funny names, bad haircuts, great stories and the guy on Univision yelling Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!! ! every time someone scores.

--------------------

Some of the best commercials are on during the tournament!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Yesterday we watched the match between The Netherlands and Spain;
    The match ended with 5-1 !!
    OMG, the Dutch men were so good! I bet that the Spanish all have "red cheeks" today

That was such an awesome match, I enjoyed every minute of it! Boy, the Netherlands were good! I almost felt sorry for Spain. LOL

Yesterday we watched Uruguay - Costa Rica together. Great match! The Coataricans were really very good! I bet that those who scored a goal, will be honoured like kings in their own country!!
    My hobby and son also watched England - Italy; Italy won, but my hobby says they both deserved to win! Did any of you here watch these match?
    Nobody here watched the match with Japan, as it started at 3 am for us ....

I just heard on the news that the US has the second-highest number of ticket sales for the World Cup, only behind Brazil, who is of course the host country! We were surprised Germany or one of the other South American countries - like Argentina - was not second!
    I've Been Frosted

"Oranje" weren't supposed to do well; they kicked (sorry) Spain's hiney!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Lut, are you going to watch Belgium - Algeria now?

I was very pleased with the German match last night, they literally blew Portugal and Ronaldo off the field. Yay!!

Richard, I'm going to check that out; unfortunately Paul, the octopus who predicted all the winners of the 2010 World Cup, is no longer with us.