Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sophie is gone:(

Sophie is gone:(

She wasn’t eating right and didn’t look good, so I took her to the vet on Thursday. She had to stay there, the vet told me she had anemia and that he needed to make some tests… Yesterday he called me to give me the worst of all news: she had haemobartollenosis and passed away on Thursday night.
    I never thought that would happen to me, not this soon, not that way! She looked normal last week! I took her some pictures on weekend! Now she’s gone! My heart is broken, it hurts so bad, bad.
    My baby girl, the light of my days, my sunshine, my reason, the biggest part of my heart is gone!
    I don’t know how long is gonna take me to feel ok again, or if I ever will; I don’t know how to go back to live a life without her.
    I loved her so much, it hurts so bad

Name:  sophie_qepd.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  56.9 KB
    astrid

Oh, Astrid, we are so sorry to hear this! Cats are so good at hiding any illness until it is too late. We know she will always be with you in spirit, and in those little hairs she has woven through the fabric of your existence. You will see her again one fine day at the Rainbow Bridge, this we know!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Astrid. I am so very sorry to learn this sad news. My heart dropped when I saw this thread. I am sending you a million, billion hugs, prayers and I will go light a candle for her right now.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am in tears right along with you. To lose a baby is heartbreaking enough, but for it to happen so quickly........
    Hugs to you.

RIP Sweet Sophie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Heavens! Astrid, I am so so so sorry!!!

I read about the disease Sophie had, and in some cases the symptoms come on very suddenly, as they did with your sweet girl.

Beautiful Sophie, your heart cat...there are no words to comfort you. It was not your fault - it came on so quickly.

She knew how much she was loved, she was your baby and no one else's.

Gentle {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Astrid, I am so very sorry. This is such a shock. My heart goes out to you. My deepest sympathy to you. I am sending hugs and loving wishes and prayers for you in your grief.

There was no way to know about this ahead of time. You gave Sophie the most wonderful love-filled life, which she shared with you with great joy. Now she is a glorious Angel, healthy and whole again, watching over you with love.

Your love for each other is eternal, and Sophie is with you always. And you know she will greet you at the Rainbow Bridge.. One Fine Day.

Rest in peace, dearest Sophie. Please send some purrrs down to the heart of your beloved Astrid to let her know all is well and remind her that you are together always.

God bless, and love
    Last edited by phesina; 07-12-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Astrid, I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Sophie. Please take care. ((( HUGS )))

Astrid, I am so very sorry. My condolences on the loss of your sweet Sophie. She had so many years of love with you. ((Hugs))

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Oh my gosh.... this cannot be true.....
    My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to loose your sweety like this; it happened to me too wich our angel Sydney. He was allright when I left him at a dat-hotel for 3 weeks, and when we went to pick him back up afterwards, they tols us that he had died a few days ago.....

My deepest sympathy to you, dear Astrid

Astrid!!!I was lighting a candle on the gratefulness.com and saw a candle for Sophia.....I am so sorry to know that your best friend is gone...Sleep softly, dear Sophia.....
    Nine is Fine!!

I am very sorry. RIP Sophie.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dear Astrid, I am so sorry this happened. Sophie was a sweet girl and lived a lovely life with you. This helped build so many happy memories for you.

A family member can leave after lingering awhile, or can leave suddenly. This is true no matter if the family member is a human or a furkid. My Mum passed in less than 3 minutes, my Dad is coping with dementia, a long slow decline. My pets, well, I've dealt with both sudden and slow with my furkids as well. The sudden, fast illness is easiest on the departing member, hardest on those of us left behind. We have no warning, no time to prepare, just a whirlwind of activity in a very short time and then the bottom seems to drop out from under us.

There is shock and grief, and in time we learn to adapt to the change. Go easy and take care of yourself. We are all here for you.

Astrid, I am so sorry for your sudden loss. Hugs for you. RIP and God Speed to the Bridge, Miss Sophie.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Astrid, The words won't come to tell you how very sorry I am to hear that your sweet Sophie has gone to the Bridge. My heart is breaking and tears are flowing at the news of your loss. Sophie knew how very much you love her and she returned your love as only a cat can. Because of you, Sophie knew only love, care, and the life every kitty deserves. She will always hold that very special place in your heart.

Sending you comforting [[[[[HUGS]]]]]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm so sorry for your loss. The sudden departure of a beloved family member is so difficult. Sending you Hugs. Farewell dear Sophie, you were so loved.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21