Thread: preggers i think

preggers i think

hi there im new to this site and would like a bit of advice im the owner of a beautifull 4 yr old yorkie named masie on the 13th of june 2014 she accidently tied with my other yorkie who is 19month old and weighes around 5lb I did crate them seperatley but one of my grandchildren let them both out when I was in the bathroom by the time I got dwn stairs they was tied to gether so im thinking she is preggers she will be 30 days to day but im havng lots of trubble her eating iv tried boiled chicken liver scrambled eggs her won food witch is royal cain puppy food wet food io just don't kno what elses I can give her iv already had her to vets and they jsy took her temp said all was ok he gave her a injection for anti sickness and antiobotic then he sent me hme with 5 DAY corses of antiobotics she finished them now to day she is drinking ok its just her food she seems to eat betta at nite so I put her chicken out at nite and by morning she ate half of her plate I just wish she eat thro day what eles can I try the vet tried to examer but said she was too tense to be able to tell if she was havng pups and asked me to tke her bk nxt week she has been sick a bit yellowish not a lot but its there some days http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

All you can do now is make sure she is eating and pooping normally, and keep the two dogs separated of course. Make sure she gets plenty of fluids as well. As they are both small dogs, if there are puppies, they will be small, and as a dog's pregnancy usually lasts 58-65 days, I can understand your vet wanting to see her again next week. Good luck!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, and in the meantime, you should probably make an appointment to get the male "fixed," so this cannot happen again!
    I've Been Frosted

how can I make sure she is eating when she wont eat iv tried every thing even shringing her food dwn her she weighs around 9 to 10 lb she is quite big but I wish I knew how to get food dwn her I really do iv sat even with aspoon to feed her she havng none of it http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

for got to say she will be getting done evne the male dog will be either after her pups or now if they no pups http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif I dnt plan on her getting caught with pups its not in my nature to do this to her I have 2 crates and they in they crate sepretley it was my grandchild who let her out when I was in the bathroom and my granddaughter is only 8 yrs old

Is she drinking t all? Can you get some liquids into her at least? It is very scary if she is not eating anything ... did the vet look at her teeth, so make sure that's why she's might not be eating?
    I've Been Frosted

She has morning sickness. That is very normal. Don't be too concerned if she won't eat much right now. Try offering her small tidbits of meat, or anything that is tempting to her right now. It sounds normal that she is eating better at night. As long as she is drinking and seems healthy otherwise, just keep trying to coax her to eat a little, but don't get too concerned.
    Also, if this is your first litter, please do lots of research before the pups get here. You have a big job ahead of you!

Good luck!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

yea masie is drinking ok here temp is normal vet just said he keep her on antiobotics to prevent her getting any infections vet also said yea she defo pregnant and iv to tke masie bk in 2 weeks for anougher cheak up she ok in her self just a picky eater its just not nce for me to see her not eating but vet said she wil be fine also said when she gets further on she should be ok bec the pups will mve dwn she is so picky at her food tho just wish I could find sommert for her to eat propley but thanks for yr comments on this I really do appricate them and I have a sister in law who has helped a yorkie b4 atbirth so she cming dwn to help me I have also heard that sme dogs have gne thro they intire pregancey with out eating propley

I cannot add anything to help with the food non-appetite issue. I just wanted to say... please be aware when her due date is and probably before so you will be there when her labor starts. I'm thinking there is possibility she might have difficulty (don't know just trying to be careful) so you'll be there if you're needed or if she needs to go to vet. Good Luck!